ipad battery health, how to see it? need help.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
enabled share ipad analytics. still no log-aggregated file. power cycling my ipad to see if it generates a file....and restart complete. nope.

what am I doing wrong..

The log is periodic, so you need to be patient :)
On my iPad, it’s about once per day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
enable share ipad analytics, wait 24 hours, should show up after that, the log indeed only generates once a day.

On my iPhone, "log-aggregated" is always there. I don't have to wait on anything. I do have to scroll pretty far down to the first "log-aggregated".

Mr Ed

Sep 14, 2023
Visit site
i have a related question. i use my ipad like a desktop computer, usually plugged in to mains. is it better to let the battery discharge to a. certain level and then recharge? or, does using it plugged in all the time cause any degredation of the battery? i get various opinions during searches on the Internet. thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i have a related question. i use my ipad like a desktop computer, usually plugged in to mains. is it better to let the battery discharge to a. certain level and then recharge? or, does using it plugged in all the time cause any degredation of the battery? i get various opinions during searches on the Internet. thanks in advance for your suggestions.

You typically cannot “overcharge” your iPad so leaving it plugged in shouldn’t affect it.