ipad battery health, how to see it? need help.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
so, I've noticed the iPad doesn't have a battery health section under battery in settings, this is kind of important information to know, so I know when its time to take it in for servicing.

how do I view this information? supposedly theres a program(or three) for windows that will display the battery health data to me.

help?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of any app on Windows that's able to read the battery status from iPhone or iPad.

If you have access to a macOS device, you could use coconutBattery to view the battery status for both iPhone and iPad devices :)
Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 08.22.03.png

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Echoing Ed7789, I also do not know of a windows app to check the estimated iPad battery health. However, performing a web search will provide Windows compatible “solutions”. I didn’t list any of the search results because I wouldn’t recommended small app developer for Windows found on the internet. That’s not to say it’s a good or bad app, it’s to say I personally (especially for Windows not in the MS Store) do not install apps who have a dev/company I’m unfamiliar with.
I’m a fairly long time IPad user. If your iPad has very noticeably begun needing more frequent charging, the health estimate can be useful to see how much time is left. But IME (just IME) the death of an iPad battery has quite a downward slope as it gets very close to the end. You’ll see the battery, slowly at first, overall slope downward through its life with the slope increasing a bit over the months/years. but the last month or two is a black diamond ski trail type slope. It’s now on a quick slide into the afterlife. BOL..

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
I just wish we had a means of seeing the health of the battery, the health, not the charge level. I rely on this information to plan maintenance visits to the store for my devices.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just wish we had a means of seeing the health of the battery, the health, not the charge level. I rely on this information to plan maintenance visits to the store for my devices.

I agree completely! Perhaps it’s worth sending feedback to Apple!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the link guys, it just baffles me why the health section is in the iphone os, but not the ipad os.

I suspect it might have to do with the iPad being much larger, and thus requiring fewer charge cycles - causing it to degrade less.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
still utterly strange to not have that information available.

Probably because iPad batteries are both considerably larger and have a much longer service life. The iPad is designed to retain 80% of its original capacity at 1,000 charge cycles under normal use. That's twice as many charge cycles than the iPhone. Go to settings> Privacy > Analytics and Improvements > Analytics data > scroll down to the first "log-aggregated"> scroll way down and find Battery Cycle Count. If it's over 1,000, then you might want to check battery health % using iMazing on Windows.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
enabled share ipad analytics. still no log-aggregated file. power cycling my ipad to see if it generates a file....and restart complete. nope.

what am I doing wrong..