• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Ipad and iPhone id issues

I

iMore Question

My partner purchased a new iPhone 6. Her old one was known to apple under my email address. She had since got her own email and the lady at Apple shop kindly changed her phone to that. So now the ipad asks for password for my email and won't recognise the password. How do I change the ipad to use her email address? I'm an android user, not used to ios...

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it asking for your Apple ID password rather than your EMAIL password?

Have you tried entering that?

Then have you tried SIGNING OUT from your Apple ID and then signing in with HER Apple ID?

Tim1954

Trusted Member
Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
It asks for Apple ID password, but for my email address. When we put the original pw in, it won't accept. I don't know how to sign the ipad out, therein lies the problem.

Tim1954

Trusted Member
Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your help, I'll try that and if that fails, we'll take them to the apple shop for those clever young peeps to sort out. I know it sounds sus when ppl post about getting locked out of phones etc... You're a friendly bunch over here, just like the dark side (Android)! Thank you again

Tim1954

Trusted Member
Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
@switchbeach, thank you for that, it seems to have worked finally. I'm slowly getting the hang of this platform

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman