ipad and hotmail

I

iMore Question

I have an issue with ipad and hotmail. My hotmail on ipad4 is not up to date. There seems to be too many emails on my hotmail account on ipad and does not agree with my computer. I do not know how to up date the ipad to get this correct. Any help would be apprecaited, Thanks Steve Zimmett

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with ipad and hotmail. My hotmail on ipad4 is not up to date. There seems to be too many emails on my hotmail account on ipad and does not agree with my computer. I do not know how to up date the ipad to get this correct. Any help would be apprecaited, Thanks Steve Zimmett

Did you refresh the email? Make sure push is turned on and that you set fetching to 15 minutes. That should help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Check your mail settings on both your iPad and on your computer. If there is a setting regarding "Mail Days To Sync", make sure they are both the same. For example: if the computer is set to sync on a week's worth of emails and your iPad is set to sync all of them then that is exactly what you will get.

zimmett

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the email. I checked this and found it to be incorrect. used Mail, Contacts, Calendars and found sync entered 1 month back then went to Hotmail and found mail days to sync = 1 month I hope his is right thanks Steve Zimmett

zimmett

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Refresh Email?? Push is turned on ?? fetching 15 minutes?? I'm some what new to this and I simply do not understand but thanks Steve Zimmett

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the email. I checked this and found it to be incorrect. used Mail, Contacts, Calendars and found sync entered 1 month back then went to Hotmail and found mail days to sync = 1 month I hope his is right thanks Steve Zimmett

Don't get confused now. When you go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Sync, that part is in regard to your default "calendar". The second one you mentioned (Hotmail) being set to sync mail for one month means that your phone will only sync one month worth of mail from the total mail you have online in your hotmail account. Having said that, if it contains MORE email than what is actually in your hotmail account online then you either have duplicates or something is indeed screwed up. Your device should reflect what is in your account online up to the last 30 days because that is what is set to sync. In other words, your online email total should outnumber what is synced to your device. I hope I'm making sense.

zimmett

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again I believe I have this right with your suggestions. Just checked my emails and it seems to be working and thanks again Steve Zimmett
Another ? do you know any thing about back ups. I got an email from MyPc back up and am wondering if it is any good. They want $1.00 for the first month but I'm afraid to use a credit card. Been screwed before and find that once you use a credit card I may be in for some trouble.Read they a are a very good back up system bu am still wondering. Thanks again

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again I believe I have this right with your suggestions. Just checked my emails and it seems to be working and thanks again Steve Zimmett
You're very welcome, sir.
Another ? do you know any thing about back ups. I got an email from MyPc back up and am wondering if it is any good. They want $1.00 for the first month but I'm afraid to use a credit card. Been screwed before and find that once you use a credit card I may be in for some trouble.Read they a are a very good back up system bu am still wondering. Thanks again
In addition to what Karen said, what do you want backed up? Your entire computer or just certain files, photos, videos & music? If it's the latter, I don't recommend spending money on a backup service. Just use a cloud service like DropBox, Evernote (depending on the data), Box, Google Drive, etceteras and/or an external USB drive. Personally, I only care about my data. If my computer crashes and I need to start completely from scratch, it would not cause me a great deal of stress because my data, photos, video and music are backed up externally.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know Hotmail still exists, lol!
Officially, it doesn't, but any mail sent to your old hotmail address will be placed in a hotmail folder via Outlook.com. At least it does for me. Still, most of the entities that used to send email to my Hotmail account have been updated with my Outlook.com address.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I don't see the need for an online backup plan. Buying 2 2TB external drives is cheaper than any online monthly subscription is going to be. It is hardly unlikely that your computer hard drive as well as BOTH externals are going to fail at the same time. The important thing is to not have both externals in the same place. I kerp one at work and one at home. I backup once a week to each one. It's just my opinion.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s