iPad 4 designed cases (not iPad 2/3 compatible with 4 cases)

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of cases designed to the specifications of the iPad 4 (smaller cutout for the lightning connector)?

My gf bought a Michael Kors neoprene sweet sleeve (MICHAEL Michael Kors iPad Case, Neoprene Sweet Sleeve - Handbags & Accessories - Macy's) and the cutout on the bottom was noticeably designed for the older devices (looks huge) and the smart cover magnet must not have been aligned correctly (not sure if this was because of a poor design or a difference between the 2/3 and the iPad 4) because it rarely turned on or off the screen.

I assume as the 4 become more popular some manufacturers will make cases specifically for the iPad 4 but I haven't come across any yet. If anyone has please post the links.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Well the thing about downsizing the connector is that we can still use the old iPad 3 cases because obviously the smaller connector will still fit with extra room as well. I actually hadn't thought about this scenario till just now. I wonder if manufacturers will even make new iPad 4 cases anytime soon? Doesn't really make sense because there's a lot of iPad 2/3's still out there and apple still sells the iPad 2 , and it's really just the connector that has changed. The Marc Jacobs case must just be off a bit because the iPad 3/4 are literally identical besides the connector. For example If we had lightning before and upgraded somehow to 30 pin then that would def be an issue. If I were you I would just get a regular "the new iPad case" that all these manufacturers make such as a folio or a smart case/cover. Hell u could even get one of those LifeProof cases for the iPad

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if they will make case that has a smaller opening for the lightning connector but as far as the rest it is exactly the same,I have a ipad4 and this is the first time I even noticed the opening around the connector,lol but as far as the rest I have no problems I have a blue leather apple Smart Cover and a dark grey apple smart case and they both fit and sleep and wake perfect

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
No there not different if they were it would only be a smaller opening for the charging por(lightning) but as of now there is no ipad 4 specific cases I've seen

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't hold your breath. I bet all those case manufacturers are sitting on a ton of inventory for iPad 2/3 cases. The iPad 4 has the same dimensions with the only real difference being the lightning port. Wouldn't make sense to not sell your existing inventory first. Maybe we'll see something later this year if the iPad 4 is still around for another cycle.