IPad 3G - Does it get a phone number?

mike.strock

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering replacing my IPhone 5c with an IPad Mini4 with 3G. I don't use it for voice calls very often, I use it mainly for SMS. If I decided to purchase a 3G IPad mini, does it tie to a phone number?

If it ties to a phone number, and someone calls that phone number, does the phone call go to voicemail?

Maybe these are beginner questions, but I'm just trying to see if I consolidate my device numbers, if I can actually make this work by doing my device use this way.

Thoughts?

Mike.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't tie to a number itself insofar as the number that's tied to its SIM card can't be called or texted.

What you can do is get a Google Voice number (you can tie it to your existing cell number or get a VOIP number to tie to it from an online service) then log into that account from the Hangouts app, and set it to use Hangouts for SMSes and calls.

You then can make and take calls and send and receive texts from that GV number.

Finally, once you have a Google Voice number set up you can port your existing cell number to it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox