iPad 2 Battery Life for aging ipad 2's

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I have an original ipad2 wifi only. Purchased the day iPad2's were released. that's about 2 years now? I'm a relatively heavy user and my battery is down to 30 by bedtime nightly. today, for example, I used it to read and browse the web for about 3 hours (good wifi signal) and then drove around with it turned off. It's 5:30pm and the battery is at 52%. I've made some of the typical battery conservation adjustments, but I do leave location services turned on. Can anyone else offer some battery level reports for similar age and usage? it just feels to me as if the battery capacity has dropped a lot. (note - I've already taken the time to wipe the memory and restore with no improvement)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPad2. I got it Labor day weekend 2011 so it's been a year and change for me. There is a noticeable dip in the batt life. Hard for me to gauge my usage because I'm not on my iPad unplugged at home like I used to be before I got my iPhone.

I'm a musician and I use my iPad on gigs to read music and lately I make it a point to have a 100 percent charge before I leave home. When I first got it I never worried about it. I could play Tiger Woods Golf in between sets and confident that I would have enough power to get through the gig. I also have been taking my charger with me lately.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is as good as it was when I bought it in August 2011. I can easily go all day and then some with moderate to heavy use, but I don't use it in that manner on a daily basis like I do with my iPhone.

Just Me, D

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My little grandsons iPad 2 has started having to be charged a lot just lately. It's wifi only and has always just been charged at night. Now doesn't make it through the day??

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iPad batteries are suppose to be able to take on 1000 charges before battery loses capacity. Maybe just bad batteries.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would either upgrade or wait till its really bad then replace the battery

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 2's battery and performance use to be amazing, but since iOS6 that hasn't been the case so much. Not sure what the issue is that now it doesn't last more than a day, or handle multitasking very well. Mine is about 1 1/2yrs old.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought my iPad 2 Oct. 2011 ans use it all the time at home on WIFI of course and moderatly at work and get just about as good a battery life as i did when I bought it. Of course it is not perfect as new but no complaints on it.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I think we have figured out the battery problem! Grandson had learned how to watch kids videos on you tube. Apparently this is what was draining the battery so quick? The videos were age appropriate but he wanted to watch a lot!! Think this could be the problem? Before he learned to do that the battery was great.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think we have figured out the battery problem! Grandson had learned how to watch kids videos on you tube. Apparently this is what was draining the battery so quick? The videos were age appropriate but he wanted to watch a lot!! Think this could be the problem? Before he learned to do that the battery was great.

That's understandable and kids today are very quick to adapt to technology, aren't they? :) Anyway, thank you for updating us and I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR