iOS security is no more

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I on the other hand am not surprised.

Doomsday scenarios have always been part of humanity and many companies and people have profited by just announcing and yelling those scenarios from the roofs since the beginning of time.

I choose to ignore those. I refuse to live in fear.
I have protected my device and the entry to my device and that’s the end of it.
I will not be overly cautious and concerned that something may happen to it, no matter how likely that scenario may be.

I agree with you about the doomsday scenarios. Everything new little thing that comes along is going to be the one that causes everything to implode and it’s not happened yet. It happens in the world of tech and in the wider world. It’s not that long ago that we were all going to be wiped out by Ebola. I’ve learned to not waste energy and gain grey hairs by worrying about what might or could happen because 99% of the time they end up not happening.

I do what I can to protect myself with long unique passwords but of course there’s always the chance of being held-up at gunpoint and having my security compromised. The thing is that the answer to that relatively unlikely scenario is to go back to living in the dark ages, forgoing all modern conveniences and then opening up other risks such as the need to carry cash at all times which makes you more of a target for being held-up!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Consider the source.

No one other than my husband is getting in my phone. No one other than my husband is getting in my email accounts to reset anything on my Apple account. I never use the same password twice. I never use less than 14 to 18 character passwords if I can help it. I always use random numbers, letters, uppercase, lowercase, specials characters where I can. I do not use software to store my passwords, and I don't allow my browsers to save them. I don't use my main email account for anything important (Apple has one email that's never been used anywhere else, same for my banks, games, or anything else with critical information).

I'm not worried.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner