iOS or Cydia App, Tweak, way to see whats running, downloading in Background in iPhone?

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
iOS or Cydia App, Tweak, way to see whats running, downloading in Background in iPhone?

iPhone 5
iOS 7.1.1

Normally, when I download some stuff from AppStore and an app or update is downloading in the background I can see this smile white "spinner" on Status bar.

Sometimes / a lot of times it continues to do so even after the download is completed. Scares me for 2 reasons:
- Data Overage (when not on WiFi)
- Battery burn (when not really needed).

Since, yesterday (maybe before as well) the phone has gotten into a major "spinner" action inspite of reboots.
Finally, I had to use the Master Switch to DISABLE background refresh COMPLETELY for all apps.

Goal:
- I'd rather be able to trace and track which app or process or service is using background services..
.. Whats downloading.. Whats refreshing.. What is running period..
- Be able to terminate such processes.. or apps..

- Also, if there is a smarter guide / recommendations to "nit picking" and "choosing" to allow/ disallow certain apps in the background refresh, please point me to it.

Back in older iOS there were some process/ services viewers that allowed disabling / termination of Cydia / Mobile substrate stuff..

I am wondering whats the thing for this on iOS7 onwards.

Please suggest/ guide what I can/should do.

Thanks in advance.

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am not sure if you intended it but it shows a nice GUI now.. Installing it as we speak :)

Update: I found it was Backboard (I am guessing thats background refresh). Would TOP give me the apps using that service?

Try cocoa top from cydia.
Then open terminal and type top

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Try cocoa top from cydia.
Then open terminal and type top

I am using that Cydia App, the question is how to "get to the source" of this network activity?

I found a few Network related Cydia apps but nothing clearly the kinds that shows me "which" app is causing this certain activity.

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought maybe there was a netstat like tool on iOS but I just did a quick scan on my router and found this.

data.flurry.com - Acquired by yahoo.. mobile analytics company.
evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com -
configuration.apple.com

I am wondering what is happening and whether its some App, Some Cydia Tweak or something Apple itself thats doing this?

PS: I just opened Music App once, so I am wondering if its trying to do something with Apple itself?

This is probably not complete, but these are the "web connections". If someone can point out the best way to monitor "net connections" on iPhone that would be great.

crashnburn_in

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just did a SafeMode boot with all Cydia Tweaks disabled (Power up with Up Volume pressed)

This is a snippet from my router log just after Safe boot. The Spinner is gone

Code:
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:11:30 AM	192.168.10.245	captive.apple.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:12:22 AM	192.168.10.245	sr.symcd.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:12:23 AM	192.168.10.245	configuration.apple.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:13:22 AM	192.168.10.245	www.google.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:13:26 AM	192.168.10.245	init-s01st.push.apple.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:13:26 AM	192.168.10.245	init-p01st.push.apple.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:14:27 AM	192.168.10.245	data.flurry.com
Thu Jul 02 2015, 3:15:03 AM	192.168.10.245	mesu.apple.com

Can someone confirm if this is similar to their safe boot?

PPS: Is apple sending stuff or some Cydia App is playing spy/ working in background?

There was a time when I used to use SB Settings and it was possible to disable one procss/ Cydia tweak at a time to see which one was affecting mobile substrate/ springboard in a poor manner. Kind of like changing startup/ services on Windows.

Whats the way now? Since I did not install SB Settings on iOS 7 as we already have CC and CC Settings.
Thoughts?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You can use icleaner pro now.
Hit plus on the bottom left, then hit cydia substrate add ins, then use the slider to disable tweaks.
Same result as sbsettings

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner