iOS non-users not getting messages...

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
that is what is so cool because it is going to know if it is a non-IOS device and send the message accordingly.

This is only the case if the user that is receiving the messages is on a non iOS device and hadn't had one before. If you're coming from iPhone to android, you'll have the problem of "lost text messages" just simply do as I said and change your Apple ID Password and boom botta bing. Fixed.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Correct, but what if I'm an Android or BlackBerry user. The iOS default setting ensures that the message never reaches the intended recipient.

Here's an example. Let's say I decide tomorrow to switch to a BlackBerry. How do I get texts from iPhones when most Apple users don't know to change the setting?

Let me just lay it out. I received an iPhone as a gift so gave it a shot. While I like it. I prefer to go back to my BB Z30. But now I know if I switch, I won't be for the most part receiving SMS/text from iPhones...so I'm stuck

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Change you're Apple ID Password and you're good to go.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I finally ditched my iPhone 5 and went to Samsung Galaxy S4. Now I can't get any text messages from iPhone users and other phones. What the heck happened. HELP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I finally ditched my iPhone 5 and went to Samsung Galaxy S4. Now I can't get any text messages from iPhone users and other phones. What the heck happened. HELP

Recently went though this:
-If you have the iPhone still just it on and turn iMessages off in the settings.
-Also, go supportprofile.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID. From the find your device, click on it and click Unregister and confirm.

You should be good to go...

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I also have an iPad. WiFi only, it also does have the iMessage turn on. Should I do same procedure on it as I do on my iPhone?
Thanx for your help

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I also have an iPad. WiFi only, it also does have the iMessage turn on. Should I do same procedure on it as I do on my iPhone?
Thanx for your help

Don't think so, but if you don't use iMessage on the iPad then turn it off, just in case. Don't do step two though. Leave the iPad registered with Apple.

shirusix

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
i have ipad with retina display. LTE.. is it possible to send or recieve sms from non ipad user?.. i have tried many times its not working... i already turned off immessage.... pls someone can help me with this..... with my iphone 4S it works perfectly sending to other flatform.