iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so my new addiction today is: Settings > General > Software Update > (Checking Updates...)

Thanks, Garz!!!

Maybe we need a LED for that.

On a less snarky note, the last couple of times Apple has released a new beta, it was about 1:00 PDT... so we're still a couple of hours away if it is coming today.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
headphone controls no longer working

did not realize until today but my headphone controls are no longer working (volume up or down & pause) i know it was working for sure on beta 3

i looked over the changelog and did not see anything pertaining to this. now i am not so sure if it is a hardware issue

anyone else?

Hook Man

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
did not realize until today but my headphone controls are no longer working (volume up or down & pause) i know it was working for sure on beta 3

i looked over the changelog and did not see anything pertaining to this. now i am not so sure if it is a hardware issue

anyone else?
Mine are working fine

f0rbesy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Bugs in iOS 5 Beta 4

Just after one day with the iOS 5 beta 4, I found so many bugs that this possibly cannot be the last beta before the GM release in September!
I'll just list what I have found and see if there is a fix around or if others are finding them also.
1. Loosing album art when transferring certain songs from iTunes to iPhone 4
2. The camera button located on the lock screen only appears when listening to songs on the Music app only.
3. Newsstand app will not be placed within a folder or moved of home screen.
4. Wi-Fi symbol changes to 3G symbol even though I am still connected to the Wi-Fi
5. Unsuccessful wireless sync with windows 7 64bit always
6. When re-arranging apps on itunes for the iphone 4, when pressed sync, looses all changes that were made.
7. Some notifications are not displaying correctly on the lock screen or are not being displayed at all.

I didn't know what forum to post, so hopes it ok here!
I couldn't find the official apple forums to post so if anyone can link them here please that'll be great!
Cheers

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

anyone else?

Not me. Mine is working "as designed".

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a catch-22 situation. Apple has several sets of forums (http://discussions.apple.com is the customer based forum), including the developer forums buried within their developer site. Legally, you should not have the beta unless you are a developer or working with a developer and in any case, must have signed on to the NDA. I say that not to be judgemental, but to say that unless you are a developer, you can't "know" about it. if you are a developer, you cannot talk about it. The only place where you can legally discuss it is in the developers forums, behind the developer firewall.

Now, having said that, here's the thread on the forums for the bug/issue report:

http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/216256-ios-beta-4-bugs-findings-thread.html

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I moved your post here to the right place. If you'll scroll back through this thread you'll find all your answers.

Just after one day with the iOS 5 beta 4, I found so many bugs that this possibly cannot be the last beta before the GM release in September!
I'll just list what I have found and see if there is a fix around or if others are finding them also.
1. Loosing album art when transferring certain songs from iTunes to iPhone 4
2. The camera button located on the lock screen only appears when listening to songs on the Music app only.
3. Newsstand app will not be placed within a folder or moved of home screen.
4. Wi-Fi symbol changes to 3G symbol even though I am still connected to the Wi-Fi
5. Unsuccessful wireless sync with windows 7 64bit always
6. When re-arranging apps on itunes for the iphone 4, when pressed sync, looses all changes that were made.
7. Some notifications are not displaying correctly on the lock screen or are not being displayed at all.

I didn't know what forum to post, so hopes it ok here!
I couldn't find the official apple forums to post so if anyone can link them here please that'll be great!
Cheers

kd5dmg

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Ahh ok thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to roll back. I understand the idea of beta software and sometimes it having bugs but I figured they wouldn't outright disable a feature most people are stuck paying good money for...

Please remember that iOS 5 is in beta and is only intended for developers on test devices. If you put it on a device you use everyday for important use, it is your fault for any lose in productivity.

For test only means for testing only!!!!

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Anyone else notice tapping on items is harder, especially when trying to tap something on the top of the screen.

In other instances, it's too sensitive. Trying to scroll in echofon more often that not brings up the pop menu.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods