iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For those people who use port covers for their pin connector and headphone jack, do you find your iPhone on beta 4 syncing every time it's near a wifi network? Just pointing that out because my device does that even when not actually charging...

By the way, geekwithswag's take on the latest beta has been pretty accurate with my own experience so far.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Those who have great battery life with this beta build - did you restore from backup or do a clean install? Just wondering, because mine is less than ideal thus far.

Also, springboard hasn't crashed in the last 24-36 hours, so perhaps it was something that happens initially when you install the beta.

Oh, and the last feature that has yet be activated is "Newsstand." I'm not really anticipating it much, but it's the last thing that isn't activated.

Restored from backup...

cmdoptesc47

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Those who have great battery life with this beta build - did you restore from backup or do a clean install? Just wondering, because mine is less than ideal thus far.

Also, springboard hasn't crashed in the last 24-36 hours, so perhaps it was something that happens initially when you install the beta.

Oh, and the last feature that has yet be activated is "Newsstand." I'm not really anticipating it much, but it's the last thing that isn't activated.

Clean install. I don't mind losing my angry birds levels

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

OTA upgrade so no clean install. Rarely do I ever do a clean install. Maybe once a year.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Me too

Thanks for letting me know guys. Yeah I may have to do a clean install, because I installed 4.3.3 for about a week, jailbroke it, and then restored from a backup for iOS 5 b4. That might be affecting the battery in some way.

Either way, everything else is working very well.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have the issue where it tries to sync my pictures and iTunes crashes. Now it won't sync over WIFI anymore. I reinstalled iTunes and get the same result. :(

Edit: Did a hard reset and stopped it from syncing photos and all is well with the WIFI sync.

Last edited:

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with my coworker and he told me he had the same issue with the battery since the update. he used his phone for about 20mins and then his phone shut off after 4-5 hours of being in his pocket and his phone was burning up. This is the same issue i am having.

We have also noticed that imessage isnt working between our phones. not sure if it is all imessage or what.. kinda annoying .

cmdoptesc47

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with my coworker and he told me he had the same issue with the battery since the update. he used his phone for about 20mins and then his phone shut off after 4-5 hours of being in his pocket and his phone was burning up. This is the same issue i am having.

We have also noticed that imessage isnt working between our phones. not sure if it is all imessage or what.. kinda annoying .

Sounds like you might have some kind of loop bug in iMessage that causes the process to run uncontrollably. I haven't tried iMessage yet, but my phone is running cool, even when charging. If you can, I would restore as a new phone to see if you can fix it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just discovered an issue with custom text tones. If I change the default (tritone) to one that I have added to the phone (the old BlackBerry cricket chirp), it's plays the marimba phone ringtone. If I use a stock tone for text, it plays the correct tone.

Can anyone else confirm this? It worked perfectly in beta 3.

Hobbit2513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered an issue with custom text tones. If I change the default (tritone) to one that I have added to the phone (the old BlackBerry cricket chirp), it's plays the marimba phone ringtone. If I use a stock tone for text, it plays the correct tone.

Can anyone else confirm this? It worked perfectly in beta 3.
This happened to me. I just clicked the marimba tone then my custom one again and now it works again.

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I didnt have this issue with mine. I did notice it went to the default tri tone after the restore but once i changed it to my *simple* facebook chat sound it has worked perfect.
I have had nothing but serious problems with my battery and my coworkers battery since this update and also imessage not working. he suggested we turn off imessage and see how the battery holds up . so ill keep you all posted on my findings

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If I hard reset my phone, push seems to break until I reinstall app and reset up push. Anybody see experience this? This happened on past betas for me to.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

OTA update. Battery life is back to normal- very good. All previous beta 5s were terrible. My email seems to be not flakey which i suspect contributed to lousy battery.

BTW: Netflix works great for me.

royolpunk

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten messaging bugs? I'm on verizon, and when AT&T people txt me sometimes I receive the 2nd part of a message, and then the first part 10 minutes later -.-

cmdoptesc47

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've got some messaging bugs, but I don't think it's actually affecting my messages. I get some progress bars at the top of the screen that are reluctant to go away sometimes. Other than that, I think my messages app is okay.

My battery life is pretty awesome. No crazy drain that I was getting on other betas. Apps that access the camera are still buggy, but I suspect that is an API problem rather than an OS problem.

I think this is the first beta that is stable enough to be my daily driver

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iPhone usage time kept rising even though I wasnt using it nor any apps open. Battery was draining while in standby. Not this first time this has happened on any beta 5.0

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iPhone usage time kept rising even though I wasnt using it nor any apps open. Battery was draining while in standby. Not this first time this has happened on any beta 5.0

I have stated several times that I have seen that... but so far (knock on wood), I have not seen it on iOS 5 beta 4... and for me, battery life on beta 4 is bordering on spectacular.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson