iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Garz, I'm not totally sure I know what I am looking for... if I scroll, I can "push" the display and it will continue to scroll for a second or two, depending on how hard I push. I think it's always done that... I do see that the screen is kind of "jaggy" - a byproduct of the scrolling not being "smooth"... is that it?

Yes. Normally it's smooth but now it's shaky.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have been hammering safari since the update and have yet to crash. would have easily a few times by now with beta 3

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Just an iPad 2 and touch user on windows.

The iPad Ota went real quickly, the touch not so. Less that a minute took forever.

There is still no iTunes for windows update available, so can't sync or use wifi sync yet.

Btw, re Netflix. I uninstall, re-installed it on the pad, and was able to play streams again.

I currently have Netflix 1.4.0 build 930547, but now the app store tells me there is a new version, but it's version 1.3.0. I'll keep 1.4.

Hobbit2513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just an iPad 2 and touch user on windows.

The iPad Ota went real quickly, the touch not so. Less that a minute took forever.

There is still no iTunes for windows update available, so can't sync or use wifi sync yet.

Btw, re Netflix. I uninstall, re-installed it on the pad, and was able to play streams again.

I currently have Netflix 1.4.0 build 930547, but now the app store tells me there is a new version, but it's version 1.3.0. I'll keep 1.4.
The Windows download is up now. I just downloaded it. :)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
small gaps on each side of notification(s) on the lockscreen

is anyone else experiencing this as well?

2zs75l1.jpg

I have this too, not a fan. I hope it's a big and not a feature. Looks ugly.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: It looks like the install of iTunes didn't take. The installer shows a different version number than the current version of iTunes. Running the installer a second time.

old ------------------------
updated to beta 4 of iTunes for Windows (64bit) and an OTA update to iOS5 beta 4, synced with iTunes 2 or 3 times, still no WiFi Sync feature available within iTunes in the Summery section for my iPhone.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, the Google+ app still craps out when you access the Stream or Profile. Since there's been no new release of the app, I would not expect anything less.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
After numerous syncs, I have some of my photo albums, but not all. And the photos from the missing albums don't appear in the Photo Library either. I should be syncing 1,681 pictures and only have 539. <sigh>

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to put in some observations..

My pictures were able to sync, however I have somewhere around 200, so perhaps the amount of pictures has something to do with it.

The dictionary is working very well now, to include words typed by the user in the SMS field (something I hadn't seen functioning yet).

Things are working much smoother and snappier, with the exception of the jerky scrolling that occurs when you scroll slowly (saw this mentioned earlier) and the laggy text input in Safari (such as for this post).

Also, I'm noticing that every time I'm sending a text message, it always says "Sending message 2 of 2." This may be unique to me, however, so I'll try restarting to see if it fixes it.

Lastly, this may just be because I skipped out on beta 3 and wasn't accost accustomed to the beta battery life for a week or two - but the battery seems to be draining a tad bit quicker. I don't see a setting I've left on that could possibly affect it and usage isn't equal to standby (something I know plagued some users in beta 1).

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to put in some observations..

My pictures were able to sync, however I have somewhere around 200, so perhaps the amount of pictures has something to do with it.

The dictionary is working very well now, to include words typed by the user in the SMS field (something I hadn't seen functioning yet).

Things are working much smoother and snappier, with the exception of the jerky scrolling that occurs when you scroll slowly (saw this mentioned earlier) and the laggy text input in Safari (such as for this post).

Also, I'm noticing that every time I'm sending a text message, it always says "Sending message 2 of 2." This may be unique to me, however, so I'll try restarting to see if it fixes it.

Lastly, this may just be because I skipped out on beta 3 and wasn't accost accustomed to the beta battery life for a week or two - but the battery seems to be draining a tad bit quicker. I don't see a setting I've left on that could possibly affect it and usage isn't equal to standby (something I know plagued some users in beta 1).

im also having the txt msg problem

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the following apps work?

1. WeatherPro
2. Dropbox
3. Photoforge2
4. Web Albums

Also, is battery life as bad as beta 1 before I install beta 4.

Many thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the following apps work?

1. WeatherPro
2. Dropbox
3. Photoforge2
4. Web Albums

Also, is battery life as bad as beta 1 before I install beta 4.

Many thanks.

The only app I use from above is Dropbox and it appears to be working fine.

As for battery life, it was pretty good in Beta 3, and it appears to be good (so far) in Beta 4...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One thing that I see is still in the Beta4 is that apps still crash the first time they're launched following a reset. The second time you try, the apps launch and run... not mentioned as an issue (or a fix) in the release notes.

EDIT/UPDATE: And for full disclosure, this WAS an item listed in the release notes for Beta 3... but it's not been fixed in Beta 4... and no mention of it at all in release notes for Beta 4.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One more update from the release notes... it appears that clearing the badge count will also remove the Notification screen entry. If this works the way I think it does, it's a sweet update:

Push and local notifications for apps appear in the new Notification Center in iOS 5. Notification Center displays notifications that are considered "unread.? In order to accommodate push and local notifications that have no "unread" status, developers can use their application badge count to trigger a clearing of notifications from Notification Center. When an application clears its badge count (by setting it to zero), iOS 5 will clear its notifications from Notification Center.

Dcopper#IM

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth Media Streaming seems to be skipping and sorta pausing for a second. Noticed while driving. If I open/close the phone the music is skipping. If I open an app the music skips. Overall bad skipping experience in the new beta.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
One thing that I see is still in the Beta4 is that apps still crash the first time they're launched following a reset. The second time you try, the apps launch and run... not mentioned as an issue (or a fix) in the release notes.

Yep, I noticed this with the Real Racing game on my iPad 2.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

This......to get Netflix working. I followed your post, and finally Netflix is working again.