iOS 8 Beta 1 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

claustin

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Curious what the consensus is on this beta. Is it stable enough to use daily? I'm jailbroken now so I can put up with resprings and crashing apps. I'm just wondering if there's anything anybody would call a deal breaker like phone app crashes or the like. I'm not against losing my JB if it's a decent beta.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Curious what the consensus is on this beta. Is it stable enough to use daily? I'm jailbroken now so I can put up with resprings and crashing apps. I'm just wondering if there's anything anybody would call a deal breaker like phone app crashes or the like. I'm not against losing my JB if it's a decent beta.

I've been running it for a little over a day now and have to say it's been pretty stable for me (iPhone 5s) the only thing is that settings does seem to crash for me once in a while during opening it but after it crashes the first time it goes back to normal. i had the same issue with messages where i couldn't even open messages without it freezing. i just rebooted it and it all went back to normal. so far for me at least, this beta has been stable enough.

claustin

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been running it for a little over a day now and have to say it's been pretty stable for me (iPhone 5s) the only thing is that settings does seem to crash for me once in a while during opening it but after it crashes the first time it goes back to normal. i had the same issue with messages where i couldn't even open messages without it freezing. i just rebooted it and it all went back to normal. so far for me at least, this beta has been stable enough.

thanks for the reply. I may give it a shot. I wonder if I should restore to 7.1.1 and get a clean backup and then restore to 8.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Just had a settings crash. But overall, surprisingly extremely stable. Did some messaging and browsing. The messaging features are enough to keep the beta for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Count me among those who say that it's stable enough to use daily. ...:)

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
thought it was just me. getting "others" only in itunes but sync still works. I've been trying all different ways to fix. restored new in debug mode..deleted itunes control folder and restored again. no luck.

got the same issue when trying on a windows desktop. Guess have to wait on Apple for a fix.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
thought it was just me. getting "others" only in itunes but sync still works. I've been trying all different ways to fix. restored new in debug mode..deleted itunes control folder and restored again. no luck.

got the same issue when trying on a windows desktop. Guess have to wait on Apple for a fix.

This is fairly typical. iTunes needs to be updated to make it work better. iTunes betas will arrive soon to work better with iOS 8.

Last edited:

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Can any other iOS-only devs confirm that they've got a link for 10.10? Mine's downloading now, and i'm awfully surprised.

It was noted that for Yosemite since they are doing to open beta this summer they are allowing iOS devs access to Yosemite probably to help build continuity fetures.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but you have to enable messages preview to make it work

That's the part I find to be crap. I have preview disabled for privacy reasons. Maybe they can do an option where the message preview is still disabled, but when you decide to quick reply, then preview is enabled.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ios 8 beta proximity sensor on message

I notice the proximity sensor will turn on sometimes went on messaging app and it will turn of screen any 1

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
By default, at least from what I can tell, when you're in iMessage and you bring the device to your ear, the proximity sensor will trigger the voice recorder feature and send it via iMessage to your recipient.

william3985

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ios 8 beta proximity sensor on message

By default, at least from what I can tell, when you're in iMessage and you bring the device to your ear, the proximity sensor will trigger the voice recorder feature and send it via iMessage to your recipient.

Funny u say that cuz yesterday I was talking to my wife and I put down my phone on my pocket and started to record

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Any fix for Facebook app Bugg after ios 8beta

There will be NO fixes for any app bugs caused by iOS 8 beta until it is released to the public in the Fall, most likely around mid-september. Developers are not allowed to release necessary bug fixes for unreleased software (iOS 8) to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien