Visit site
Re: iOS 8.4 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

Had a phone reboot a few minutes ago. This has been happening since 8.3

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I haven't had any iOS 8.4 issues so far, unless you count the horrible new music app. But that's opinion.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

I like it so far. I've read the reviews that said Apple Music is complicated, but to me the app is fairly easy to use. I do see how some menu options are not intuitive to find. I feel like skemorphism made new things easier to understand, especially for the non techs, and Apple made a mistake in getting rid of it.

I have had problems with my iPhone lagging when using Apple Music and the app has crashed several times. Anyone else having lag or crashing?

I feel like Apple has taken a step back in quality and usability even though they still make a great product.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Gotta hand it to Apple, this update has been extremely smooth on my Plus. Very little lag at all.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Neither my 5s or 6 Plus have had any issues and battery life is very good still.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
iOS 8.4 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

Spoke too soon. Plus restarted itself just now. One of those quick retarts when is low on memory I guess? Came close to being a solid release though.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Apparently the iOS 8.4.1 beta has been released...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

So, with the new music app: if I enable the repeat single track and try to change songs, it does not work. If I enable playlist-repeat or disable repeat completely then I can change tracks at will. Is this a bug?

Williams_810

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

When I installed the latest version of iOS on my phone, I had no problems getting the update itself (in regard to the the first post), so maybe I was lucky in that respect.

However, I did notice myself constantly plugging my phone up for a charge more often than usual. Then again, it might be my own usage to blame; I'm trying to practice this thing I read somewhere where it's says that you should charge your phone once it gets to (or around) 40%, and take the phone off the charger at 80%.

Also, when I tried a new hidden feature ? scanning your card while you're in Safari ? it didn't do anything, regardless of how I framed my cards. Does anyone have a similar problem with that or is it just my phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When I installed the latest version of iOS on my phone, I had no problems getting the update itself (in regard to the the first post), so maybe I was lucky in that respect.

However, I did notice myself constantly plugging my phone up for a charge more often than usual. Then again, it might be my own usage to blame; I'm trying to practice this thing I read somewhere where it's says that you should charge your phone once it gets to (or around) 40%, and take the phone off the charger at 80%.

Also, when I tried a new hidden feature ? scanning your card while you're in Safari ? it didn't do anything, regardless of how I framed my cards. Does anyone have a similar problem with that or is it just my phone?

What card?

Williams_810

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
iOS 8.4 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

What card?

Credit cards, Debit Cards, etc. I tried scanning my primary debit card and it wouldn't do anything.

For further note, it was issued by TD Bank. I'm not sure if it's to do with the way the cards are created there; something they carried over from past Commerce Bank days.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Credit cards, Debit Cards, etc. I tried scanning my primary debit card and it wouldn't do anything.

For further note, it was issued by TD Bank. I'm not sure if it's to do with the way the cards are created there; something they carried over from past Commerce Bank days.
Oh okay. I don't use the feature so all I can tell you to do is go through the Safari settings to make sure everything that needs to be enabled is. Hopefully, someone who has done it successfully will offer tidbits soon.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

So, with the new music app: if I enable the repeat single track and try to change songs, it does not work. If I enable playlist-repeat or disable repeat completely then I can change tracks at will. Is this a bug?

Annoys me too! Hope they fix it with iOS 8.4.1

jan33

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone used the app Truecaller? I had it for a short time and now my messenger contacts is full of hundreds of sham phone numbers. I don't know how to get rid of them and it is very annoying to go through all of them to get to a legitimate contact. If I back up the iPad,then go through a restore, I'm afraid they will,all come back. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Delete the app, restore your iPad, and then set it up as new.