iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried out using 'Hey Siri' on speaker? Mine automatically when I use 'hey Siri' goes to speaker without having to say speaker! This is the way I wanted it as I didn't think we should have to say on speaker if you are doing it hands-free to begin with. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From what I've been reading its a ram issue. 3rd party keyboards only have a limited amount of ram to run within that Apple has designated and once they pass it the keyboard crashes. I have no idea if this is true but that's what I've read.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Strange it only occurs in the Messages app. I don't have that issue anywhere else. One would think if it were RAM, it would happen everywhere. Maybe not.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Strange it only occurs in the Messages app. I don't have that issue anywhere else. One would think if it were RAM, it would happen everywhere. Maybe not.

I'm having it happen in other places too. Especially safari and twitter

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The best part about the update is we all get it, all carriers, all models at the same time! What a concept!

Sent from my  6+

That's one of the biggest reasons I stayed with ios after switching from Android. Living in Australia I wouldn't get updates until many months after America got them

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My sister in law just updated her LG G3 from KitKat to Lollipop and had so many issues she had to do a factory reset. It was awful. I went over to Android Central and others were having horrid issues as well. iOS always has a few bugs, but it beats the alternative.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
My sister in law just updated her LG G3 from KitKat to Lollipop and had so many issues she had to do a factory reset. It was awful. I went over to Android Central and others were having horrid issues as well. iOS always has a few bugs, but it beats the alternative.

It's true. Nothing is perfect in technology, especially software. But because everything comes from one place it can more easily be dealt with should a major bug be found like the first update to 8.0.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Now that it has been over a week with 8.3 I will again emphasize how this update feels very 7.1ish. iOS 8 has been optimized very well with this. Kudos to Apple for fixing some of the little annoying quirks.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I used to hate the old BBOS carrier updates also. Used to have to installed the leaked copies and delete the carrier files and there was always that element of fear each time I case it killed the blackberry etc. you used to download the file and then update it via the desktop app and the app might crash halfway etc. here in the UK are carriers weren't bothered about releasing updates so I didn't get a BBOS carrier approved update for about two years! Annoying that the carriers had to do the testing to approve the release!

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The best part about the update is we all get it, all carriers, all models at the same time! What a concept!

Sent from my  6+

That's one more thing I love about updates from Apple knowing the wait isn't very long , and that like you said it gets rolled out for everyone unlike android lol .

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh