iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
One question, I want to restore my 6+ as new without backup, should i download ipsw somewhere and restore with that, or I can do it from iTunes, what is better option? (don't have itunes installed on PC yet so thats why I ask)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
One question, I want to restore my 6+ as new without backup, should i download ipsw somewhere and restore with that, or I can do it from iTunes, what is better option? (don't have itunes installed on PC yet so thats why I ask)
Could be done either way... however, 3rd party sources of the ipsw may be limited yet... and Apple's servers are peek traffic... get it where you can.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for info, is there any apple source with IPSW link? or only 3rd party sites have those?
Apple has ipsw for developers in their program... 3rd party sites will have them as they are able to get them downloaded, and put on their servers.

popengchan

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry just new to iphone. Ive read that there will be an update wherein i no longer have to enter my password for free apps. Is the 8.3 not it?

I see the require password option for free apps on the settings menu but it is grayed out though.
Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey needs to update their app to be able to use the new emoji. They don't seem to be showing up in SwiftKey right now.

They seem to be there. You just can't change the skin tone.
Probably other 3rd party keyboards too.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Last edited:

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Just updated, seems a lot smoother & the screen rotation is hell of a lot better when watching videos online. I don't see any other changes besides the emojis

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
They seem to be there. You just can't change the skin tone.
Probably other 3rd party keyboards too.

That's what I meant. I want to have access to that. I've just disabled the keyboard until it's updated.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what I meant. I want to have access to that. I've just disabled the keyboard until it's updated.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Why couldn't you just switch keyboard? I go back and forth a lot.
I use three 3rd party keyboards.

tamon77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
After update TouchID does not work for purchases. TouchID for phone log in still works. Have not tested Apple Pay yet. I've tried disabling/re-enabling touch ID purchases but that has not worked.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry just new to iphone. Ive read that there will be an update wherein i no longer have to enter my password for free apps. Is the 8.3 not it?

I see the require password option for free apps on the settings menu but it is grayed out though.
Thanks!

Where is the "require password option for free apps"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR