iOS 8.1- iPhone 6 Plus bootloop after Pangu Jailbreak

dsman444

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Every time I use the Pangu exploit with my iOS 8.1 iPhone 6 Plus, when I manually install cydia and fix all of that up, every time I've done this, when I try restarting my phone, it goes into a constant bootloop and I have to restore. I've done all of the instructions correctly, but if I ever restart my phone, it will go into bootloop. Any advice?

MikeG7265

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Also there is an update to the pangu jailbreak that brings it to .02, but make sure you update through the pangu app, and not through Cydia. Updating through Cydia put me into a boot loop and I had to restore and re jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsman444

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
In regards to fb2, I know you can't use a pass code during the jailbreak process... But you still can't use a lockscreen pass code even when it's all over/etc?

dsman444

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
In regards to fb2, I know you can't use a pass code during the jailbreak process... But you still can't use a lockscreen pass code even when it's all over/etc?

UPDATE:
I see. I did a bit of research on Google to find that there IS a way to have a passcode (When the Pangu exploit is active) without the phone going into bootloop.

Anyone know this "work around"?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What did you see in your Googling? I hadn't heard about this work around, and the bootloop issue is one of the main things keeping me from jailbreaking again.

Shequavia Davidson

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
for whatever reason i can't jailbreak my 6.. this is so damn annoying.. when will they fix this crap... we can't secure our devices because it'll "brick" our phones.. like wtf.. im annoyed.. i'll take my *** back to droid if this doesn't change..

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
for whatever reason i can't jailbreak my 6.. this is so damn annoying.. when will they fix this crap... we can't secure our devices because it'll "brick" our phones.. like wtf.. im annoyed.. i'll take my *** back to droid if this doesn't change..
Please go back to Android. If you're going to throw a tantrum that a jailbreak aimed at developers isn't easy for someone who has little, if anything, to gain from it currently, you'll never have the patience to deal with the product. You're looking for reasons to complain. Let the Android user base deal with that attitude.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Use the recent version of Pangu and the recent version of Cydia Substrate and you're good to go. For now they didn't solve the Passcode problem, so I recommend not to use Passcode, even though there might be some walk arounds etc.

Being in boot loop and restoring is not cool and takes some time, so why doing it?!?

dsman444

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't agree more fb2, and even though I love fingerprint unlock, it'll have to wait because an untethered jailbreak for iOS 8.1 iPhone 6 Plus is better than that. Woot ^o^
In the mean time I'll keep my fingers crossed as they work on a more stable Untether, as well as fixing the passcode issue.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't agree more fb2, and even though I love fingerprint unlock, it'll have to wait because an untethered jailbreak for iOS 8.1 iPhone 6 Plus is better than that. Woot ^o^
In the mean time I'll keep my fingers crossed as they work on a more stable Untether, as well as fixing the passcode issue.

Generally I'd agree. What exactly in the list of compatible apps is it that makes you think so right now? I generally jailbreak to gain functionality. As the jailbreak currently stands, I'd gain nothing from it but lose functionality otherwise. What am I missing?

dsman444

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Generally I'd agree. What exactly in the list of compatible apps is it that makes you think so right now? I generally jailbreak to gain functionality. As the jailbreak currently stands, I'd gain nothing from it but lose functionality otherwise. What am I missing?

Well, I'm interested in creating cydia apps and tweaks for 8.1 iOS, and I'm a beta tester/ developer, so I guess we all have our reasons for Jailbreaking.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

For me the best tweak/app is still Activator, it allows you to use/do almost anything almost everywhere. You can also schedule events/apps, create menus, profiles, automate processes and the way you use your phone/tablet etc.

Other stuff I have installed which are really awesome:
- FlipControlCenter (with Flipswitches, even though only the switches work and not the launches)
- ForceGoodFit (make all apps optimized for iPhone 6(+))
- NoSlowAnimations (faster animations, phone seems to be faster )
- HiddenSettings8 (let's you access and configure  Apple's hidden settings about Notification Center, Control center, springboard e.g. Folder in folder etc.)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm interested in creating cydia apps and tweaks for 8.1 iOS, and I'm a beta tester/ developer, so I guess we all have our reasons for Jailbreaking.

Developing makes sense. This is the longest I've ever waited from the release of a jailbreak until I've downloaded it. I still haven't taken the time to learn Obj-C enough to make anything worthwhile and haven't even looked at their new language.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I found a work around but I'm at work so I haven't tried it yet. The link is below, if anyone gets to it before I do please report back!

How to use a passcode with the iOS 8.x jailbreak

I came back because i didn't feel like i placed enough emphasis on how bad an idea this is.
THIS IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE IDEA and will have unforeseen consequences down the road.

here are sauriks own words against this:

"(I have made a very conscious decision to not test any new Cydia releases against devices that have performed any of these hacks, and if anyone has any issues with essentially any package of mine after I release the final official version of Cydia, the first question is going to be "did you do an unofficial hack" and if the answer is "yes" you will not receive any help.)"

"You frankly do not have a very good grasp of corner case complexity. I mean, that "reversal process" you list is an interesting example: you don't seem to realize that move.sh is used by a bunch of packages, not just Cydia itself during stashing, and so you make the potentially incorrect assumption that there will be only a single stashed folder with each of these base folder names. You haven't considered that the behavior of files on the different partitions might be different (despite that being painfully obvious given the bug you are yourself trying to fix). Your undo process also only undoes the limited initial scope you have yourself seen and believe to see the ramifications of. You just really should not be talking about things you don't understand, and your lack of respect for the opinion of the person who actually wrote the system that you are modifying is frustratingly naive."

"My advice is not "don't use a passcode", it is "don't install Cydia unless you are working on doing platform tests: it is not yet ready to be used on your main device"."

Saurik himself recommends against this.
It is a bad idea and I believe this comment should be deleted as such.
Saurik will not offer support for people who do this.

I repeat, THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA please do not do this workaround

Last edited:

yonkastone

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I came back because i didn't feel like i placed enough emphasis on how bad an idea this is.
THIS IS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE IDEA and will have unforeseen consequences down the road.

here are sauriks own words against this:

"(I have made a very conscious decision to not test any new Cydia releases against devices that have performed any of these hacks, and if anyone has any issues with essentially any package of mine after I release the final official version of Cydia, the first question is going to be "did you do an unofficial hack" and if the answer is "yes" you will not receive any help.)"

"You frankly do not have a very good grasp of corner case complexity. I mean, that "reversal process" you list is an interesting example: you don't seem to realize that move.sh is used by a bunch of packages, not just Cydia itself during stashing, and so you make the potentially incorrect assumption that there will be only a single stashed folder with each of these base folder names. You haven't considered that the behavior of files on the different partitions might be different (despite that being painfully obvious given the bug you are yourself trying to fix). Your undo process also only undoes the limited initial scope you have yourself seen and believe to see the ramifications of. You just really should not be talking about things you don't understand, and your lack of respect for the opinion of the person who actually wrote the system that you are modifying is frustratingly naive."

"My advice is not "don't use a passcode", it is "don't install Cydia unless you are working on doing platform tests: it is not yet ready to be used on your main device"."

Saurik himself recommends against this.
It is a bad idea and I believe this comment should be deleted as such.
Saurik will not offer support for people who do this.

I repeat, THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA please do not do this workaround

I didn't realize all this, thanks. On that note I WILL NOT be trying this when I get home.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Seriously? you're complaining about a jailbreak that isn't working and you have the nerve to call it crap? Go back to android then.. cuz you dont deserve an iphone..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro