iOS 7 jailbreak is here

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If only I read this before. I wouldn't have jailbroken my primary device. I checked out Cydia before undoing the jailbreak and there was an evasi0n package installed. I guess that was the untether.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

Compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad models running iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4

Notes:
- If you updated your device to iOS 7 using OTA (over the air) updates the jailbreak with get stuck on the apple boot logo. So restore to iOS 7.0.4 before you jailbreak.

- there is an issue with the iPad 2 when jailbreaking, the evad3rs team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

- evasi0n 1.0.1 removed the taig app from the tool.

Update 1 (December 23th, 2013 12:20 AM eastern time): Do to the events that happened throughout during the day, this is now a use at your own risk jailbreak. I recommend jailbreaking a device that you don't use often to test tweaks as they are updated.

Update 2 (December 23, 2013 9:01 PM eastern time): So based on the posts on reddit from planetbeing & saurik the jailbreak is safe to install and DOES NOT install the Chinese App Store for non-Chinese users. Also it has been comfirm that there is no trace of the Chinese app being installed on non Chinese user devices (I can also confirm this). There was also reports of data being sent out this has also been proven wrong (I can also confirm this). Also the team apparently hasn't gotten paid yet. Saurik has also, via a reply that pod2g posted, been working on updating cydia and mobilesubstrate for iOS 7 & recommends to restore to iOS 7.0.4 if you are waiting and wanting to jailbreak. This info can be taken with a grain of salt.

THIS JAILBREAK IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON YOUR PRIMARY DEVICE until otherwise stated.

(Cydia has been updated for iOS 7 support)
(Mobilesubstrate still has not been updated for iOS 7 or A7 devices yet)

Most tweaks that rely on mobilesubstrate will not work well or won't work at all, so until it's updated for iOS 7 and A7 devices I recommend to not install any tweaks.

For those with A7 devices (iPhone 5S, iPad air & mini with retina): all tweaks that rely on mobilesubstrate will not work and mobilesubstrate itself will not work. Just remember that even when mobilesubstrate is updated for iOS 7 & arm64 support all tweaks still have to be updated to support arm64 on A7 devices.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

So do you recommend not using on your primary device or is it Saurik that recommends not using it?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So do you recommend not using on your primary device or is it Saurik that recommends not using it?

I don't recommend it on a primary device cause mobilesubstrate is not updated yet so if you have a problem you would have to restore plus the jailbreak still has some bugs in it.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't recommend it on a primary device cause mobilesubstrate is not updated yet so if you have a problem you would have to restore plus the jailbreak still has some bugs in it.

And I undid the jailbreak for the fear that something bad would happen. I thought the Evad3rs warned about that. Oh well. Have to jailbreak again. Thanks Ace. :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
And I undid the jailbreak for the fear that something bad would happen. I thought the Evad3rs warned about that. Oh well. Have to jailbreak again. Thanks Ace. :)

Yea it's more of a recommendation than anything. You can jailbreak your device if you want but don't install any tweaks yet. Advanced users can do whatever they want though.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Evasi0n is my favorite jailbreak since it's easy just like JailBreakMe. RedSn0w was a pain since I needed to download the IPSW file.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yea it's more of a recommendation than anything. You can jailbreak your device if you want but don't install any tweaks yet. Advanced users can do whatever they want though.

I didn't install any tweaks since I was waiting for Mobile Substrate. Don't want to take the chance. I bricked my iPhone 3G.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't install any tweaks since I was waiting for Mobile Substrate. Don't want to take the chance. I bricked my iPhone 3G.

I still have a 3rd gen iPod touch that is jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 for the past year now so I can see what has been updated.

I'll probably rejailbreak my 5S so OTA doesn't work. I might downgrade my 5th gen iPod touch to 7.0.4 to jailbreak it also.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Evasi0n 7 is so darn easy. I forgot to disable passcode lock and I disconnected the wire when it told me to tap on the Envasi0n app. Then I removed the passcode and just continued the jailbreak it after connecting the wire and tapping the app. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)