IOS 7 and too big of a screen image

hboutin

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just did the update to IOS 7, I did browse before I ask this. My background screen image is too big. I tried to save it in a smaller resolution, but when I select it from my library, it tells me to resize it and select, but it still fills up the whole screen. I cannot have it the way I want it , I-E in the middle of the screen, as I had it in IOS 6. Short of going back to it, can Anyone help?
Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update to IOS 7, I did browse before I ask this. My background screen image is too big. I tried to save it in a smaller resolution, but when I select it from my library, it tells me to resize it and select, but it still fills up the whole screen. I cannot have it the way I want it , I-E in the middle of the screen, as I had it in IOS 6. Short of going back to it, can Anyone help?
Thanks

Turn off the parallax effect. (Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > [ON] )

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The parallax effect may work but it depends how large the image is.

My shortcut was to just take a screenshot of the picture while in the camera roll and use that for the wallpaper. And turning off the parallax effect centers that even better for the wallpaper.

hboutin

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to both, I tried but still I have the whole screen taken up by half the face of the person in the picture.........Downgrading to IOS 6.......

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem hbutin. It's not enough for me to downgrade or even to think about that though. And thanks Heisenberg for the screen shot idea. It was better.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to both, I tried but still I have the whole screen taken up by half the face of the person in the picture.........Downgrading to IOS 6.......

Seems like a rash action over a wallpaper. There are other reasons, I presume?

nccjones

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but when I go to change my screen saver, it lets me choose the picture then when it says to "move and scale" the picture is actually very large and you can't move or scale it down. So now it does not look the same on the lock or home screen.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but when I go to change my screen saver, it lets me choose the picture then when it says to "move and scale" the picture is actually very large and you can't move or scale it down. So now it does not look the same on the lock or home screen.

That’s pretty much it.

Turn off the parallax effect. (Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > [ON] )
Set your wallpaper the way your want it.
Turn the parallax effect back on (Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > [OFF] )

Some report that turning the parallax effect on after setting wallpaper resets the wallpaper. YMMV

Another option is to take a screenshot of the picture while in the camera roll and use that for the wallpaper. Turning off the parallax effect centers that even better for the wallpaper.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Would anyone be interested in an app that allows you to choose or take a picture and it places it inside a prebuilt larger image so when it is set as wallpaper it is effectively not zoomed in?

Would it be reasonable to charge .99 for the app? I'm indie and have to feed the kiddos. But if the cost blocked out too many people that would otherwise use it I would rather go free.

I just spent a few minutes prototyping it and I believe I could make it. Just judging interest before completing.

Cheers.
@Scatabrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

socalgidget

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This has been driving me crazy! I found some great backgrounds and wallpapers but the new OS kept making the pics too big and cutting off the pics. Perfect!!!!!!

SOBeck

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
To solve this issue, I brought up on screen of my PC the pic that I wanted to use for iphone 4S wallpaper, took a pic of it with my iphone...this saved it to my photo album, went to settings, wallpapers, choose wallpaper, went to my photo album, choose that pic I had just taken, and walla, it is correct size for wallpaper..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh