iOS 7.1 New Shift Key

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you think of the new look SHIFT key? Do you like it or do you prefer the old one?

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I like it. But I'm sure they'll be a fair share of difference of opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

MaHoNeY

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I prefer the old one. It has gotten me a couple times already today. It's like they just reversed it to say they made a change. I do like the new look of the keyboards and call buttons though.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I like the new one better. I find it pretty smart how the arrow jumps a brick up if you do caps lock. I think that's new?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Shoot I didn't pay it very much attention really. I did notice that the keyboard was different.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It's counterintuitive. But so is the entire visual direction of iOS7, IMHO. iOS6 was visually rich and sophisticated, iOS7 is garish, childish, cheap looking and with many subtle changes that negatively impact user experience. Hopefully iOS8 will be more mature.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It's counterintuitive. But so is the entire visual direction of iOS7, IMHO. iOS6 was visually rich and sophisticated, iOS7 is garish, childish, cheap looking and with many subtle changes that negatively impact user experience. Hopefully iOS8 will be more mature.

Opinions on iOS 7's visuals range widely. I like it really and would not apply to any of the negative adjectives that you did. Garish? That would be the 5c to me, but some people love it. Apple can't please everyone.

0rbital  Halcyon

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Meh. I preferred the the 7.x.x shift lock arrow myself - but let's face it, the OS is 7 years old and they're just moving the deck chairs around at this stage. Short of kiddie'fying the look of the OS with iOS 7, there's little they have done but incremental work that needed to be done. Desperately missing the 'Insanely Great' at this stage - especially when the hardware is lagging behind some of the competition.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

iOS 8 is supposed to be the same as iOS 7 with new features and apps. No real UI differences.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Oops, sorry... Anyway, yes Android devices beat Apple in specs and Android is more cutting edge in features and in the cross system compatibility. But - every single Android device I had was problematic in one way or another. At this point, I will take the well executed mediocrity of Apple over the half assed brilliance of Android.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the new shift button.

I found my old 2nd gen iPod Touch and iOS 4.2.1 that it's running is worse than iOS 7.x, the flat UI is more sophisticated than iOS 6.x.x & bellow.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73