iOS 6 bugs and feedback

onfus

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have some strange problems. I change sounds, like for new e-mail and the change will not stick. It takes a power cycle. Not that I change tones that often, but it should work. This I can replicate on both phones in my account. It is not the notificatios, as I have changed it too.
Also, sometimes the internet get stuck and start getting page not found errors. It also takes a power cycle...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Today my iPad 2 Wi-Fi started the "won't auto lock" issue.
It's intermittent just as it is on my iPhone 4S which started right after the iOS 6 update on the 19th.

Good Luck

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Fixed the unable to delete icons" issue after two visits to the Genius Bar. No one had ever encountered it before. Took two restores to get rid of the problem. All apps then had to be downloaded back onto the phone separately.

Very happy with IOS 6. The VIP folder, separate "per account" signatures and the separate "per email account" alert tones are the best part of the update (for me). Would love also to be able to customize email tones "per contact" but this is great for now. :)

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I updated through iTunes and set up as a new phone and I have been very lucky. My device is running better with this update. Seems more responsive.

Sent from my iPhone 4S? using Tapatalk

D.Geiger

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
After updating to iOS6, I received a calendar invite with the start time of 3:00 pm, instead of the correct time of 10:00 am. I checked the invite on my pc, and the time is right, so it's not the invite. I also checked the time zone on the iPad, and it's right, so it must be something in iOS6.

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:43 PM ----------

After updating to iOS6, I received a calendar invite with the start time of 3:00 pm, instead of the correct time of 10:00 am. I checked the invite on my pc, and the time is right, so it's not the invite. I also checked the time zone on the iPad, and it's right, so it must be something in iOS6.

Loopy75

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I now have a number of issues. If anyone can help, I will be grateful. First one is the "unable to connect to iTunes" message appearing since iOS 6 install. And I cannot use passbook at all because of this. Also, now I have found that my volume/screen clicks are silent. The ringer switch is on, not on silent, and volume settings seem to be normal! Was working yesterday, but an overnight flat battery seems to have turned my phone to mush. Help please??? I have an iPhone 4S. Thanks

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I get no symbols in the upper statusbar (where the time and battery is) when put the phone in silent mode, sms,mail,calls etc.

Anyone else got the same problem?

Sent from my iP?n5, using Tapatalk

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Help ! My camera takes better pictures without flash in the dark then with flash enabled ;(

Any one else has this issue?

No flash
hu6a9eva.jpg

With flash
ytu3ejum.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
During a family gathering this evening, I spoke with a few of my fam members that did do the upgrade to ios6, all have the i4, and each one of them noticed that their wifi has been spotty with connecting or not staying connected, similar to what others have been reporting....

I did tell them to try the wifi fix that has been posted here somewhere: settings/wifi/blue arrow token/ and set http proxy to "auto"

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is iOS 6 related or just iTunes, but I've noticed my phone has been skipping songs in my playlist. They are on the phone but when it gets to the song it hesitates for a second or 2 then goes to the next song. I've re-synced with iTunes and checked to see if the songs are working in iTunes and they are. Anyone have a clue as to why my phone would skip the songs? Never had this problem before I upgraded.

Upgraded to iOS 6 through iTunes and restored from iCloud back up.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is iOS 6 related or just iTunes, but I've noticed my phone has been skipping songs in my playlist. They are on the phone but when it gets to the song it hesitates for a second or 2 then goes to the next song. I've re-synced with iTunes and checked to see if the songs are working in iTunes and they are. Anyone have a clue as to why my phone would skip the songs? Never had this problem before I upgraded.

Upgraded to iOS 6 through iTunes and restored from iCloud back up.

I used to have that problem last summer when iOS 5 came out..I ended up removing my songs and syncing them back and that seemed to fix the problem.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I get no symbols in the upper statusbar (where the time and battery is) when put the phone in silent mode, sms,mail,calls etc.

That doesn't come in the OS. You were probably jailbroken with a mod to do that before you updated.

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:05 PM ----------

That doesn't come in the OS. You were probably jailbroken with a mod to do that before you updated.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on an iPhone 4.

The keyboard shortcut bug is really annoying me. Every time I try to create a new one it doesn't seem to save it, and if it does it doesn't end up working. I have to do a hard reset and usually that makes it work, but one time it made it not work again (meaning, my shortcuts were working fine, then I had to do a reset for something else, then the shortcuts stopped working again).

I have restrictions enabled so I can turn off Ping, and for some reason if I go into Restrictions again sometimes Ping disappears altogether, sometimes the screen is messed up (i.e. some options are on top of each other so the screen is garbled), sometimes Ping shows back up but nothing else. It seems to occur randomly, and usually the Settings app just ends up crashing whenever this happens.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature of iOS6, but when I'm on a phone call that lasts longer than what I have my auto-lock to set to, it actually DOES lock (sometimes). So now I have to slide to access the button to end the call. In iOS5 I never had to slide--just tapping the phone during the call would "wake it up" and show my phone options. It's an annoying extra step that I'm not used to. This is when it actually works, because sometimes my phone doesn't end up auto-locking when I'm on a call. For instance, my auto-lock is set to 5 minutes. It was still not locked when the call was nearing 10 minutes, then decided to lock then.

Album art does not like to show up in Cover Flow. This doesn't really bother me as I'm always in portrait mode, but even when all my album art is showing in the albums list, when I turn to Cover Flow there are some that are missing. Playing a song from one of these albums, then flipping the phone to portrait makes the art come back...but when I flip it back to landscape it disappears! I tried deleting and readding and redoing the artwork with no luck.

For a while every time I did a hard reset on my phone my apps would be all over the place so I had to rearrange them.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been having an issue on my iPhone 5 regarding the springboard.

Pretty much as a daily occurrence, randomly when I go to unlock my device the springboard will crash and reset, flashing the silver Apple logo for about three seconds. Anyone else getting this?

dilligaf79

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a bug/annoyance with my phone. Sometimes when I end a call, my whatever I was listening to last (long before the call) starts to play.

wendynj

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. The playlist for my music videos appears on iTunes but not in my iphone. Seems only video files have this issue. Music files are ok and appear on the playlist. ios5 did not have this issue.

I found the (temporary) answer via link: http://forums.ilounge.com/iphone/276183-videos-not-displaying-playlists-ios6-iphone-5-a.html

Here Hogster wrote: "Just found the solution! If you go to Get Info and change the Media Kind from Movie to Music Video under the Options tab, they all now appear in the playlists!"

I added "temporary" because I don't think it really fixes the problem, it just finds a way around it. I would prefer for my "movies" to be listed separately so it is easy to differentiate in itunes. After doing this, it lists everything under music which is inconvenient.

This is what I did in the meantime. Keep in mind that it will take a while to go through this process so only do it when you have some free time and you don't need access to your phone.

I selected all my movies then clicked the Get info so all would convert at once. Then I changed the media kind to music video.

Don't forget that once you change the kind, you will have to recheck all the "videos" you want to include in your playlists (under MUSIC on your iphone), and you will have to check off "include music videos". Now the movies will not show up in your videos app. It will take a while to copy all these files back to your phone. Until it does, the files will be "greyed out".

I will check to see if doing it this way will have the video playlists working on the ipad as well.

I will say one thing, it almost seemed like I have more room on my iphone and that the "music videos" takes up less space than the "movies" did which I know doesn't make any sense so it must be something in the way that it is listed differently which is giving me more space on my iphone because I can include a lot more "videos" than I used to and that is VERY HELPFUL!

Hopefully Apple will fix this so it will work under the old way being listed as movie. In the meantime, this is a temporary fix.

Hope this helps!

Wendy

Last edited:

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 6 bugs and feedback--CALENDAR EVENTS not updating!

Just today my (native) Calendars on my iMac, iPhone 5, and iPad 3 are not updating consistently via iCloud. Events I put on my iPhone are missing on my Mac and my iPad calendar is even further out of date. The little revolving circle of dots on the iPhone and the "updating..." notification on the Mac calendar are working, but stuff goes missing.

Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: After some experimenting, it seems that events I enter on my Mac do get synced to the iPhone and iPad; however, the reverse is not the case: events created on the mobile devices do not sync with the Mac nor each other. BTW: each device and the Mac have been restarted.

EDIT #2: Never mind. I eventually just reset my iPhone and iPad and started from scratch. Bummer not being able to use my backups, but it solved the problem (so far).

Last edited:

Jab1878

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 6 bugs and feedback -ear speaker not working

Hey all! Anyone else having issues with the ear speaker not working? I can use the speakerphone and a headset just fine. I thought it was toast after trying multiple things such as flipping silence switch while making a call, bouncing back and forth between speaker and regular. The only thing I can do to get it to work is to reset all settings, which brings it back, now I'm just wondering what setting exactly its affecting? Anyone know wussup with this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods