iOS 6 and newer - high volume! Or not?

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been away from my iPhone 4S for a while, since I've lost it last October clubbing. While my insurance sorted it (by charging me ?150 for a replacement), I was using BlackBerry 10 (please excuse the avatar) for a while which although was really good, it didn't run Android apps very well, and music wasn't great on it.

I've recently had the missing iPhone replaced, although the replacement came with iOS 8, I downgraded it to iOS 6.

On the iPhone 4S I lost clubbing (also on iOS 6), when turning the music volume up on headphones past a certain point, the volume bar would turn yellow and then red...

Engadget:
audio-iphone-volume-620.jpg

However, on my replcement model, this doesn't happen, the volume bar remains white and doesn't wake the screen.
Seems rather odd, because the old one did do this. The old device was originally on iOS 6.1.3 and never updated.

However this replacement iPhone was originally on iOS 8.1.2, so I downgraded it to iOS 6.1.3. Although this isn't a large problem (hey I'd rather do without it lol, I'll decide when my volume is too high), I am curious as to why this replacement doesn't do it.
Also, on the replacement iPhone, the maximum volume through headphones seems to be a lot louder than what I remembered from the iPhone I lost. The ear speaker and loud speaker also seems to be much louder than the iPhone I lost.

Another odd thing about this replacement is that although I live in the UK, the default language that this device came with was Deutsch, and the default geographical location was Germany. Of course, when I inserted my SIM, the language changed to British English, and the country changed to UK.

Hmm, did my insurance give me a shady replacement imported from Germany? Or worse yet, is my 'brand new replacement' device not actually new?

Any ideas?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How did you manage to downgrade from iOS 8.1.2 to iOS 6.1.3?

It may have originally been intended for Germany. Or it may have first been used in Germany.

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
How did you manage to downgrade from iOS 8.1.2 to iOS 6.1.3?

It may have originally been intended for Germany. Or it may have first been used in Germany.
It came in those white boxes that Apple usually hands out for store swap replacements. But of course it was from the insurers.

Uhh I'm not sure if I can discuss downgrading the iPhone because it's not an approved method, and Apple Discussions banned me for it :rotfl:

It still works because Apple is still signing iOS 6.1.3 OTA upgrade upgrades because iOS 5.1.1 must update to iOS 6.1.3 before updating to the current iOS. This can be manipulated.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[warn] Discussions regarding phone programming modifications of this manner is forbidden in the forums. [/warn]

Last edited:

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
[warn] Discussions regarding phone programming modifications of this manner is forbidden in the forums. [/warn]
Ah right, thought it wasn't allowed. Sorry about that. I've edited the post and removed the offending information completely. Could you remove the quote so people can't see what I originally wrote?

Cheers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods