Ios 6.1.4 Notes issue

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this a couple of times now and lost all my notes
Any time u type a new note and den cancel it without saving, all my old notes disappeared....
Any1 else facing such problems? or is it just me?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlike some others, I have yet to experience any problems using the native Notes app. I'm currently running iOS 6.1.4 and all of my notes are present and sync perfectly via iCloud. Starting a new note and then canceling it does not cause my other notes to disappear.

By the way, I am *assuming* you're referring to the native Notes app. If my assumption is wrong, please let us know the exact notes app you're referring to.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a number of notes saved in the native Notes app and have never experienced the problem you describe. In fact, if I start a note and then back out of it rather than touch Done, the note is saved anyway and I have to actually delete it from my list. Can't imagine what would cause the issue you're having but hope someone with more experience than I have can figure it out for you.

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes i am using the native notes app....
Although its strange that i was able to replicate the issue just a couple of times dat too after many tries...
It *seems* dat the problem is gone as of now...
And yet as a precaution, ive moved all my notes to evernote....

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have several notes that I sync to my Yahoo account that keep disappearing. I logged in online and the "notes" folder is present, but I can't add to it. It is happening on another family members notepad also. From what I have seen it comes down to notes from the apple app being sync'd with yahoo or google and NOT being sync'd with icloud. They do a one way only back up to your email host. Overall I feel it is an apple issue that hopefully is solved in iOS 7.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have several notes that I sync to my Yahoo account that keep disappearing. I logged in online and the "notes" folder is present, but I can't add to it. It is happening on another family members notepad also. From what I have seen it comes down to notes from the apple app being sync'd with yahoo or google and NOT being sync'd with icloud. They do a one way only back up to your email host. Overall I feel it is an apple issue that hopefully is solved in iOS 7.

http://forums.imore.com/apps-games/261955-notes-keep-disappearing.html#post2079187

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the people who are having problems with their notes allegedly disappearing, go to Settings>Notes and then make sure the "Default Account" is correct, especially if you have multiple email accounts configured. If you expect your notes to be saved to iCloud, but have Yahoo as the default notes account, you may find that your notes are not showing up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods