iOS 6.1.3 Wifi Problem - greyed out

iphone1990

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

My iPhone 4S on Vodaphone in the UK has started experiencing Wifi problems since updating to iOS 6.1.3. It's greyed out a lot of the time but sometimes comes back on for short periods of time.

I've tried resetting network settings and restoring the phone. After resetting the network settings it worked for about an hour then nothing again.

I phoned Apple earlier and they wernt much help and said to restore it again or it may be an app I have installed although I can't see how that would affect anything! Also they said if nothing works then it must be hardware and will cost ?140 for a new handset!

Does anyone have any advice as to how to sort this problem as its getting quite frustrating and I don't really want to shell out the cast for another handset!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 6.1.3 Wifi Problem

It must be a hardware problem as iOS 6.1.3 solves earlier problems with WiFi.
I had a comparable problem before 6.1.3 was released and the new version solved it.
What you have to sort out is whether this happens only in a specific environment or all the time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Connect your iPhone to your computer and restore it "as new" via iTunes, and not from a backup. Make sure you back it up first, if you haven't already. After you've restored it as new, connect to your Wi-Fi network and see how it performs. If it performs sufficiently, go ahead and configure your device to your liking as well as reinstall your 3rd party apps.

iphone1990

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for the replys guys.

It seems to be random when it decides to work, no real pattern or anything.

Like I said I've tried a full restore but will try it again.

It must be something to do with the software as I've had the phone for over a year with no issues untill the iOS 6.1.3 update.

iphone1990

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Yes and there seems to be no issues with it. All other devices connect fine including other iPhones.
The wifi is back on now but probably won't last!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Ok....

1. Assuming you are assigning IPs...

2. Do you have enough in DHCP

3. What Model Router do you have?

​4. Have you taken it into the Apple store?

EthreePen Hush

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Having the same problem with iPad mini. Used to work, but now it doesn't.

All other devices including iPods wifi working fine, but iPad has wifi greyed out, will not connect; no wifi or bluetooth with my home network. After trying 'Restore as new iPad' I contacted Apple support, told them all about it, and since my iPad mini is still under warranty, they are going to ship me a replacement.

This appears to be a problem with some iPad mini and some iPhones.

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My iPhone 4S on Vodaphone in the UK has started experiencing Wifi problems since updating to iOS 6.1.3. It's greyed out a lot of the time but sometimes comes back on for short periods of time.

I've tried resetting network settings and restoring the phone...

Does anyone have any advice as to how to sort this problem as its getting quite frustrating and I don't really want to shell out the cast for another handset!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Have the exact same problem here in the US on AT&T with a friend's phone. I've tried doing multiple resets with the phone and network settings; the wi-fi is still broken. Is the only option to take it to an Apple rep? This is getting quite frustrating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro