iOS 6.1.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So I took the plunge and did the update hoping battery life would remain good. I ran into another set of issues entirely. Now, I'm getting the "cannot connect to iTunes Store error." I've tried all the traditional remedies including reset, sign in and out, reset date& time. Not only am I getting this error, but when I go to the iTunes and App Store section, ITunes Match is my selected and it will not allow me to enable it. Any suggestions?

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Most of this morning I could not do anything with iTunes/AppStore on my computer - would not let me log in... is fine now - maybe there's a "rolling issue"...?? The Apple Systems Status web site showed no issues the whole time I was unable to log in...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Most of this morning I could not do anything with iTunes/AppStore on my computer - would not let me log in... is fine now - maybe there's a "rolling issue"...?? The Apple Systems Status web site showed no issues the whole time I was unable to log in...

Yeah. I updated yesterday afternoon and noticed the issue last night when I went to update an app. Had the issue since then. I just noticed that iTunes Match was cut. I had also been checking the status site and haven't seen any issues. I really don't know what's wrong. Figured I'd give it through tomorrow and then check the Apple Store tomorrow night. Only thing is, I know they'll probably just say reset and restore.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Those are the two "headline" items... the description does note "improvements and other bug fixes including..." - we don't know what's unspecified. :)
TY Keith. If you run across the undisclosed please post them. I have been looking all over and cannot find anything.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you John for this post. I just read the blog article on iMore. Unreal that someone discovered another passcode flaw in the new OS.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to update for about 30 minutes. I got error "21" initially. Then iTunes said I had to restore the phone, but iTunes keeps crashing during the process. Luckily, I backed up the phone on iTunes and iCloud before any of this!

Second time around, now, and iTunes says "Preparing iPhone for restore..." and it's taking forever. I need to get going soon, ya know?!

OK, now iTunes doesn't show the phone in the sidebar and the program is frozen (2nd time this has happened). The little iTunes icon in the Mac's dock is jumping around like hell. I'm guessing if I force quit iTunes, the process will start all over again...again. Here we go, let's see what happens.....Yup, after restarting iTunes, I get this message:

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." OK, but how about letting me do that!!

Any suggestions out there! Help!

EDIT: OK, so I clicked on the error message ("More information") and Apple suggested deleting the ".ipsw" file and trying again, among other things. This seems to have worked as the phone is now being restored.

But it's still 90 minutes of my day I couldn't afford to lose. Sheesh!

Last edited:

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a question!! Maybe I should make another thread but... If I buy an ip5 now will it come preinstalled with 6.1.3?? Or would I have to download it. Because if I get an iPhone 5 I wanna be able to jailbreak

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a question!! Maybe I should make another thread but... If I buy an ip5 now will it come preinstalled with 6.1.3?? Or would I have to download it. Because if I get an iPhone 5 I wanna be able to jailbreak

If you find existing stock in a store, it will be 6.1.2. Anything shipping from China will be 6.1.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative