iOS 6.0.1 wifi issues

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
After further use of the phone I have discovered two things that should be changed and probably a bug in the software.
First this new phone does seem to connect up better. It finds and holds the signal better.
Second is that iOS seems to not want to connect to routers with signal below and certain threshold. I have hold the signal in my office at work now but I have to walk to my door sometimes if I have been away for awhile and it also seems to forget my network. Another part of that story is that for some reason iOS has a bug where the data speeds are slower then usual given the signal strength displayed.

My phone stopes remembering networks I reset the network settings and haven't had a issue since ..

msaxena18

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this solution was posted before or not but this is what worked for me:

I use a Linksys WRT54G Router (old school one)
I have the lastest iOS 6.1.2 on iPhone 4S and iPad 3

I was not able to maintain a constant connection on my wifi network. When phone went to idle/sleep, I would have to connect once again to the wifi network, put my password again etc etc.

I narrowed it down to the fact it was a "wireless security" issue. Not the phone nor the router being an old one. I was using the WPA2-Personal (TKIP+AES). i changed it to WPA2-Personal (AES) and it worked without a hitch. I have been monitoring this for 2-3 days now and everytime I restart my iPhone 4S or even put it to sleep, it connectes to the wifi network just as it should - automatically.

I hope this might help someone :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73