iOS 6.0.1 wifi issues

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday and my wifi I thought was fine. Used it in the same room together and.it worked how I expected. I get ready for bed for bee and go to use it and it was taking forever to load. I ran a speed test and. My downloads were ok but my uploads were at about .04 Mbps. That's outrageous, my bars also fluctuate from 2 normally to full and one and its disconnected once tonight... It's the exact same issue I have seen others have but that was on iOS 6. Also my uploads hav very sporadic appends and sometimes stops all together. I'm using speedtest. What do u think ?? New phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which iPhone did you get? Have you tried rebooting your wireless router/Access Point to see if the speed improves?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had one replacement that did this frequently. It basically felt like I was on 2g, it was so slow! The original didn't have this issue. I returned it and the replacement doesn't have the issue. Based on my experience I vote that this is a hardware issue.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea no I haven't tried resetting the router. I have the iPhone 5 white 16gb Verizon. It Also doesn't stay connected when it goes to sleep lie my wife's 4s. No having any problems with hers. Also this one shows lower bars then hers at longer distances. I got the same problem at work, I have had 5 phones connected up to this router from the same location to my office and this phone works fine on the way to my office and I can use it once I get there and after a few minutes of usage it just drops. It won't even see it.

At home it drops at distance from router where my wife's shows full signal.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea no I haven't tried resetting the router. I have the iPhone 5 white 16gb Verizon. It Also doesn't stay connected when it goes to sleep lie my wife's 4s. No having any problems with hers. Also this one shows lower bars then hers at longer distances. I got the same problem at work, I have had 5 phones connected up to this router from the same location to my office and this phone works fine on the way to my office and I can use it once I get there and after a few minutes of usage it just drops. It won't even see it.

At home it drops at distance from router where my wife's shows full signal.

Try reset network setting if that don't do it then its a hardware issue

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup tried that. Works fine when I'm in the same room or only about 20 feet through walls. Also I just connected up to AT&T wifi and it went through the log in page just fine so that pretty much sums this up as hardware.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
As sys admin I handle a large # of iPhone users and don't see the v6 and phone 5 WiFi as purely an Apple problem as many like to say. This is really driven home where I have properly configured first tier wireless hardware.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
As sys admin I handle a large # of iPhone users and don't see the v6 and phone 5 WiFi as purely an Apple problem as many like to say. This is really driven home where I have properly configured first tier wireless hardware.

So your saying that my linksys e4200 that runs a PC, printer, laptop, iPhone 4S, bluray player, and my iPhone 5 is improperly configured? And everything works perfectly buy my iPhone 5 explains that?? How do u have your router configured? How does misconfiguration lead to slow and dropped data sessions when I still have 2 to 3 bars of signal?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

So your saying that my linksys e4200 that runs a PC, printer, laptop, iPhone 4S, bluray player, and my iPhone 5 is improperly configured? And everything works perfectly buy my iPhone 5 explains that?? How do u have your router configured? How does misconfiguration lead to slow and dropped data sessions when I still have 2 to 3 bars of signal?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
8e5aqava.jpg

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Comcast, my problems are no finding routers and slow speeds from distance from router. I have a aurfboard docsis 3.0 modem. Not the Comcast crap.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so modem to router not a all in one crap lol got it

Do you notice a difference between using 5 band and 2.4 ?

My airport if I am using 5 if I don't have full bars the speed drop a lot but
5 band is a lot shorter than the 2.4

Also simplest way to tell is try a diff router if that don't help then its your phone

I have seen router do crazy things that's why I ditched my old Cisco and got a airport

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea 2.4ghz same thing. At work I can pick the cell phone down the hall and I will pick up the router as long as I leave the cell phone on me like a walking back to my office and I will hold the connection but after about five or 10 minutes of using it it looses connection and it goes from two bars to none

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea 2.4ghz same thing. At work I can pick the cell phone down the hall and I will pick up the router as long as I leave the cell phone on me like a walking back to my office and I will hold the connection but after about five or 10 minutes of using it it looses connection and it goes from two bars to none

I would get it replaced

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got it replaced and it still doesn't pick up my wifi at work... This phone seems to defiantly have a issue with reception of wifi. Also at home it did stay connected better but the speeds on both bands were horrible. Maybe there really is a bad batch but idk. When I got this phone I had to do the update.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
After further use of the phone I have discovered two things that should be changed and probably a bug in the software.
First this new phone does seem to connect up better. It finds and holds the signal better.
Second is that iOS seems to not want to connect to routers with signal below and certain threshold. I have hold the signal in my office at work now but I have to walk to my door sometimes if I have been away for awhile and it also seems to forget my network. Another part of that story is that for some reason iOS has a bug where the data speeds are slower then usual given the signal strength displayed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods