IOS 6.0.1 update for the IPhone 4S issues?

Tracy Townsend 86

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
When I did the IOS 6.0.1 update on my IPhone 4S I lost the WI-FI and Bluetooth features on my phone. I went to an Apple Store and had the phone exchanged for another one, but when I backed up my stuff back to the phone my Bluetooth was still not connecting to any devices. Contacted Apple and they stated that the Bluetooth feature of the phone was only able to connect to a Bluetooth headset and the hands free feature on cars, and nothing else. I explained to them that on their advertisements stated that we are able to connect to a various range of devices through Bluetooth and that I was able to do this before the IOS 6.0.1 update. The question that I am asking is, has other people experienced this issue and what did they do to correct it.

Thanks for your attention and hope to hear back with a response real soon.

Best Regards,

Tracy Townsend

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
When I did the IOS 6.0.1 update on my IPhone 4S I lost the WI-FI and Bluetooth features on my phone. I went to an Apple Store and had the phone exchanged for another one, but when I backed up my stuff back to the phone my Bluetooth was still not connecting to any devices. Contacted Apple and they stated that the Bluetooth feature of the phone was only able to connect to a Bluetooth headset and the hands free feature on cars, and nothing else. I explained to them that on their advertisements stated that we are able to connect to a various range of devices through Bluetooth and that I was able to do this before the IOS 6.0.1 update. The question that I am asking is, has other people experienced this issue and what did they do to correct it.

Thanks for your attention and hope to hear back with a response real soon.

Best Regards,

Tracy Townsend

I work in a service and repair store for Sprint and I have seen a ton of iPhone 4S get updated and have never seen this issues. That seems like a lame excuse that apple gave to you. Have you tried wiping your phone, and then restoring it as new? I feel as though sometimes iCloud back ups bring over your issues when doing a back up.

Tracy Townsend 86

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
bgesullo,

I did wipe out my phone and I didn't backup using the ICloud or ITunes backup. But it still will not connect to any Bluetooth devices. That is why I am asking about this issue. I would like to reconnect back to my Bluetooth TV and Speakers and my hands free devices for my car through my radio. If you know how to resolve this issue I would really be appreciated.

Tracy Townsend 86

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the Bluetooth radio has gone bad on the inside. Can it see any Bluetooth devices even Bluetooth headsets. Sounds like another trip to the apple store is in store.

Tracy Townsend 86

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
This is a new device from the Apple store and Apple stated that they would not replace it for another due to that they stated that the Bluetooth feature of the phone was only able to connect to a Bluetooth headset and the hands free feature on cars, and nothing else.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
That's false I have an iPhone 4S and a 5 that work off my audio system here at my house both are up to date

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
bgesullo,

I did wipe out my phone and I didn't backup using the ICloud or ITunes backup. But it still will not connect to any Bluetooth devices. That is why I am asking about this issue. I would like to reconnect back to my Bluetooth TV and Speakers and my hands free devices for my car through my radio. If you know how to resolve this issue I would really be appreciated.

Tracy Townsend 86

Wipe it again!!!
Connect your device to your computer via USB, initiate the computer's iTunes app, make sure the computer is connected to the Internet and then select "restore". When the restore is complete, set up your device as "new". Now, after it has been registered with your service provider and you are at your home screen, do not install any 3rd party apps. Go to the device's Bluetooth settings and turn it on. Now put the device you want to connect to in discover mode. See that particular device's manual for instructions on how to do that. Once your phone detects the device, pair it. If it is meant to work with your I-device, it will work and if not, it won't. I have iOS 6.0.1 and Bluetooth work as it should so the operating system in and of itself is NOT the culprit, in my opinion.

martijefre

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to reconnect back to my Bluetooth TV and Speakers and my hands free devices for my car through my radio.
1a3.jpg

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a new device from the Apple store and Apple stated that they would not replace it for another due to that they stated that the Bluetooth feature of the phone was only able to connect to a Bluetooth headset and the hands free feature on cars, and nothing else.

This isn't true. My 4S is running 6.0.1 and I use a Bluetooth speaker at home.

owlyn

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My 4s connects to three Bluetooth devices- my car, soundbar (speakers), and pedometer. No problems. The car and pedometer connect automagically. I have to tell the phone to connect to the speakers.

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem with the App Store. I can download previously downloaded apps but can't download new ones. Here are screen shot. iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 updated through Mac. I rebooted the device, nothing happened. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359783096.502798.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359783105.251361.jpg
Edit: after a while it fixed itself. Still want to know if is suppose to occur?

Last edited:

Bill Paolino

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'll bet they did tell you that! If you activate the mobile hotspot in your iPhone you'll be charged an extra $50.00 a month. This is not good news for those of us with at&t who have UNLIMITED data plans and have been grandfathered in due to at&t no longer offering those plans. If you have the unlimited plan and activate your mobile hotspot, not only will you be charged extra, your unlimited data plan will be history forever and you'll end up with a 5 gig cap to boot. There's an app out there called Tether that has a ONE TIME FEE of about $30.00 that you can install on your pc laptop and on your iPhone which will allow you to tether and utilize your unlimited service providers data plan on your laptop via your iPhone while it's connected by bluetooth without activating your iPhones hotspot. To get it you must got to Tether's website as you will not find it in the iTunes store. LOL Tether is no secret, a lot of people are using it and it works great. It doesn't surprise me that Apple and or at&t figured out a way to stop people from tethering by blocking connections of iPhones and laptops via bluetooth. I'm just glad I read this thread before attempting to update my iPhone 4s. I thought they may have fixed some problems since the last time I attempted an update. That time I was stepping up my old iPhone 4s to ios6 and it bricked my phone. I'll just keep my phone stock as the day I got it and skip the updates!

Last edited:

Jessicalt1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
My sound goes out all the time now. I haven't had issues with BT that I know of, but I don't use it frequently. My phone will quit playing music in the middle of a song. Doesn't matter if it's the music app, spotify, or pandora. They all quit. The sound doesn't work on the keyboard or anything, none of the notifications go off. I've tried to turn it off and turn it back on, and soft reset to not avail.

brownec2

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've also had this problem but it is only with my Wifi button turning grey, the bluetooth allows me to connect and there is also a Wifi address shown in settings but I can't activate the Wifi or change the Wifi address. Will there be a new iOS update to restore this problem as it seems to be quite a common one many iPhone 4S users ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods