iOS 5 has landed! How is your download / install going?

drew1964

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
got home from work and started update. Told me 5 hours. Then after 1 hour game me error. Now trying again and says 21 hours remaining. Apple needs to have more servers on hand or roll out the updates at different times to different parts of the country like direct tv does.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It took many many tries on my iPad 2 but finally got it through. Similar story on my wifes iPhone 4 but her's went even worse. Somewhere along the way it went goofy and it erased her phone. She immediately freaked but we were able to restore all of her data. All in all it was a huge pain in the rear.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the gm, never could get my cousins iphone 4 to update on my computer or hers, the misses comes home from the gym and hers works on the first try!!!! It's restoring her backup right now!

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll get it, Herm. Patience is a virtue. :) Everyone is backing off the servers a little and giving others room to breathe. It will work next time.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
still no luck here :( i have been trying since 1:20pm (eastern) .. iTunes backs up my iPhone... then starts to extract software.. then i get "iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. please try again later." GRRRRRR i have restarted computer, phone, modem... same thing every time. :mad:

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
still no luck here :( i have been trying since 1:20pm (eastern) .. iTunes backs up my iPhone... then starts to extract software.. then i get "iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. please try again later." GRRRRRR i have restarted computer, phone, modem... same thing every time. :mad:

Use google, search for a direct download link, and be done. You are wasting too much time at such an easy task. Download links for ios5 are all over the web

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77