iOS 5 Findings, Issues, & Fixes

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple issues, which Im sure will be fixed with an update soon..
  1. As it's been mentioned in other threads, I believe the battery drain in my husbands iPhone 4 and my battery drain in my iPhone 4S are iOS5 related, because his phone has a noticeable difference in his battery drain after updated to iOS5 and my 4S battery life is much worse than my iPhone 4 running iOS4.
  2. I also have some sound issues on my 4S. I notice after I use Siri, if I go straight to answering a text using the keyboard, the keyboard clicks are extremely loud for the first few words typed, then it goes back to normal. I have also had a few times when I have lost all my sounds, no keyboard clicks, not alert sounds, a restart resets the sounds.

Then tonight, the sound went off again and my husband called me and the sound when back on after the phone call without a restart, weird..

Anyone else having sound issues?

I am. Very annoying, when I finish using Siri an lock my phone it is very loud.

DoodleDudeDan

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Had a weird issue after taking my iPhone 4 up to iOS 5.0.1 where the "Edit" button simply disappeared from things like my Calendar so I couldn't add new events... <very useful!>

Finally found a Blog that said the solution to this was to go into settings and turn iCloud ON, all your Edit buttons return.

You can than go back and turn iCloud back OFF and your Edit buttons remain available! Thought I'd pass that helpful tip on! :p

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
iMessage works on and off. I can only assume that the person I'm texting doesn't have Internet or something is wrong.

that's the point of imessage (if you have it on in settings)...if you or the other person does not have a 3g or wifi signal the message will be sent as an SMS.

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Spotlight search is broken most of the time. I start typing and...NOTHING. Then, I wait a bit and it may start working again. I've tried closing all apps and the behavior is the same. So, 5.0 did something to spotlight search and 5.01, did not fix it either. Of course, 5.01 was a battery "fix".

hobbes28

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on an OG iPad and the two things I've noticed are:

1. It seems to be really lagging when I open the keyboard. Sometimes when I'm typing in the middle of a post, also, it stops responding to my touch and then speeds up to catch up. It never did that before the update and I have restored it since it started acting up and have not installed any new apps or updated any of the old ones.

2. The battery life when on standby has been atrocious. There are days where I won't use it and there are weeks as well. The battery life when I use it seems about the same but the standby is draining about 15% a day. That isn't terrible in itself but being that before the update, I could not use it for a week and the battery would still be at 100%. I don't have the sync enabled and I don't have email set up on it and don't see what could be causing the drain. I also don't have it set to update to the cloud unless I manually do it.

These aren't things that make me hate the thing, they are just annoying as all get out.

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Anybody notice that the space available reported by iTunes and on the iPhone itself are way off? In my case it's a difference of over 10GB's.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
An issue that commonly occurs with my 4S is whenever I'm attempting to send a text message/MMS, the send will fail if I receive a message during the send process. It gets kind of frustrating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77