iOS 5 Beta 2 Constantly Prompting for iTunes Password?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing the issue where about every 15 minutes the iPhone will prompt you for your iTunes pass word "to download from the iTunes store"? ...

Only encountering this problem after restoring from iCloud.

Also, is it normal that it asks you to insert the passwords for all individual email accounts, as well as individual facetime and imessage accounts upon restore from iCloud? If so, that's terribly, terribly annoying and I hope they do away with that.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
With regards to password request. Yes, had the issue. Looked around and found that the issue had to do with an incomplete dl. So I looked around and went into the iTunes app on the phone. Went to more, opened it and found a song that wound not dl. Also there was a badged 1 in the more section. Opened iTunes on my PC, sync'd the song, and it all went away after a reboot. Other password issue was only once and never showed up again.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
With regards to password request. Yes, had the issue. Looked around and found that the issue had to do with an incomplete dl. So I looked around and went into the iTunes app on the phone. Went to more, opened it and found a song that wound not dl. Also there was a badged 1 in the more section. Opened iTunes on my PC, sync'd the song, and it all went away after a reboot. Other password issue was only once and never showed up again.

There's no badge for me. No files waiting in the download queue. I do have one file from iTunes represented in Music (but greyed out) so I'm downloading that now to see if it changes things.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No I haven't seen that issue. Personally I think iCloud doesn't work right just yet, so I avoid it.

Submit a bug report....

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I did a fresh install to get rid of the issue. Prob overkill but I figure if that was an issue others may follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox