iOS 5 activation fail!

YoungKevin

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I registered as a developer yesterday. I downloaded the firmware and iTunes 10.5 beta. When I get to the activation screen it says could not activate please try again in three minutes or plug into iTunes but iTunes says could not activate iPhone. I called tech support they don't know what the issue is so they sent me to dev tech support they said they don't deal with those types of issues just application building issues. So I'm stuck in a loop hold with no phone to use

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
There should be a sticky or blog post about adding your UDID to your devices portal when you first sign up for a dev account. Too many people are going to end up with Bricked iPhones because of it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
There should be a sticky or blog post about adding your UDID to your devices portal when you first sign up for a dev account. Too many people are going to end up with Bricked iPhones because of it.

problem is nobody reads the stickies

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How do u do that?

Yeah, gonna happen but in reality that's why it's important to read the instructions first :)

problem is nobody reads the stickies

How 'bout you just say if you have no need for the beta, and have no idea you even need to add your UDID, that you don't even bother buying in for $99 seems completely whack to drop a dime on something you dont even know the basics of. Stickies dont help stupidity...

Reactions: anon(52425)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
How 'bout you just say if you have no need for the beta, and have no idea you even need to add your UDID, that you don't even bother buying in for $99 seems completely whack to drop a dime on something you dont even know the basics of. Stickies dont help stupidity...

Yep, but not necessarily stupid, just peeps who don't take the time to read the instruction.

msmiley

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
UUID = Serial Number

Just plug the phone into your mac and go look at USB in system profiler. The serial number is the UUID. No need to panic ;-)

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with msmiley nothing to worry about . I had the same issue i had someone add my udid in the portal and when i got ios5 on my iphone 4 it said the same thing . come to find out the person never added my udid . once i got someone more reliable to add it i did a restart of my phone and it was a breeze from there .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh