iOS 4 download date/time?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
it'll likely come online some time in the afternoon or late morning on Monday. Last year it was 1pm. After a little while it was crazy hard to access the servers, but if you just leave your iPhone connected, press update, and it gives you an error message saying it can't access the server, just leave it and it will automatically reattempt until it makes the connection.

escapethematrix

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Its going to suck to loose my jailbreak for a few days but what the heck, i want to play with 4.0.......fortunately, installing all the jailbreak stuff is fun :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Its going to suck to loose my jailbreak for a few days but what the heck, i want to play with 4.0.......fortunately, installing all the jailbreak stuff is fun :)

Trust me, OS4 is way better than having your phone jailbroken. It's amazing. I was floored by how smooth and fast everything is, every little thing has been improved. And app switching (for me) eliminates the need for most jailbreak programs that I loved, like biteSMS and SBSettings. I will still end up jailbreaking to get those things, but this is definitely holding me over. 4.0 is really awesome.

pilotcap#AC

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Well. Should I install the GM candidate today (having a 32 GB iPhone 3GS) to avoid the hanging servers tomorrow, or should I wait? iTunes 9.2 and the appropriate .ipsw files are present...
I am terribly impatient but a bit unsure...

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Since multi-tasking and some other stuff in iOS4 are disabled for the 3G, I have enough patience to wait until Thursday when I can pick up my new 4. My 3G won't be upgraded for quite some time...if ever.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well. Should I install the GM candidate today (having a 32 GB iPhone 3GS) to avoid the hanging servers tomorrow, or should I wait? iTunes 9.2 and the appropriate .ipsw files are present...
I am terribly impatient but a bit unsure...

Just wait...there could be a newer build released tomorrow.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
it'll likely come online some time in the afternoon or late morning on Monday. Last year it was 1pm. After a little while it was crazy hard to access the servers, but if you just leave your iPhone connected, press update, and it gives you an error message saying it can't access the server, just leave it and it will automatically reattempt until it makes the connection.

Thanks- that's helpful. I am really excited to try this one! It has everything I would want or need and wouldn't even think of JB except I want to tether my iPad so I will be looking forward to the JB on the new phone when it's available. All the great reviews make it even more exciting!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

This is what I've been thinking, but really, I'd only lose Backgrounder and themes (that's all I've done with J/B so far).
Trust me, OS4 is way better than having your phone jailbroken. It's amazing. I was floored by how smooth and fast everything is, every little thing has been improved. And app switching (for me) eliminates the need for most jailbreak programs that I loved, like biteSMS and SBSettings. I will still end up jailbreaking to get those things, but this is definitely holding me over. 4.0 is really awesome.

I know we will get a new j/b for iOS4 at some point, but I wonder if S.J. won't throw some new trick to slow down the hackers?
Tough choice for me. Stay with what I have 'til the dust settles? Or go for the new features, with whatever blessings and curses iOS4 might bring?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox