• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iOS 18 is here

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
‘Attacking other people simply for liking other products’ is foolish. Coming into a forum that’s historically devoted to a particular brand to discuss, compare, promote and shine light on a different brand or brands is also foolish.

Getting upset in a forum historically devoted to a particular brand because a forum member posted images depicting dissatisfied customers of different brands as well as posting data supportive of the forum preferred brand is pitiful.

I’m not foolish enough to go into someone’s house and then start telling the folks who live there why my house is better and if they don’t get a house like mine then they’re a bunch of mindless idiots.

That would be a failure to use common sense.

But hey, that’s Just Me _ D.

Damn D that was Chappelle level savagery.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Just_Me_D

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
‘Attacking other people simply for liking other products’ is foolish. Coming into a forum that’s historically devoted to a particular brand to discuss, compare, promote and shine light on a different brand or brands is also foolish.

_ D.

You are exactly right, but in this case we were discussing a feature that bridges two different brands. I completely understand you will either like or hate the fact RCS is getting supported by Apple now. I have both iPhone and Android, so rcs working on Apple is great to me and is why I look in here from time to time, to learn things about the iPhone I might not know about. So just to be clear I'm not here lurking and trying to stir the pot. I own my fault for not just ignoring ffr as he clearly is a fanboy to a tee, sometimes I just can't shut up, I apologize to the group for that.

As far as traffic, this forum is pretty dead compared to others I use and ffr tactics don't help. Like I said earlier, I was going to just delete it. I understand this is a iPhone forum, but everyone needs to understand some people run both platforms, so there could be questions about something that involves the big bad Android, we don't need to be attacked how stupid we are for using Android, they both have pros and cons.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You are exactly right, but in this case we were discussing a feature that bridges two different brands. I completely understand you will either like or hate the fact RCS is getting supported by Apple now. I have both iPhone and Android, so rcs working on Apple is great to me and is why I look in here from time to time, to learn things about the iPhone I might not know about. So just to be clear I'm not here lurking and trying to stir the pot. I own my fault for not just ignoring ffr as he clearly is a fanboy to a tee, sometimes I just can't shut up, I apologize to the group for that.

As far as traffic, this forum is pretty dead compared to others I use and ffr tactics don't help. Like I said earlier, I was going to just delete it. I understand this is a iPhone forum, but everyone needs to understand some people run both platforms, so there could be questions about something that involves the big bad Android, we don't need to be attacked how stupid we are for using Android, they both have pros and cons.

We’re good sir, and I’m in agreement with your comments above. With that being said, not everyone will be in agreement and not everyone will respond to your liking. Note: my mention of ‘your’ is not directed at you. I’m speaking in general terms.

Forums are generally made up of strangers from around the world with varying opinions and views. Having said that, we can’t profess to want open discussions, but then want to silence those whose comments we are at odds with. Some people will always be more passionate about something than others and they have the privilege to express their opinions as everyone else.

As mods, we see people getting mad and demand we infraction them for violating a specific forum rule, but they fail to see that their own replies to the person they’re at odds with often violates a forum rule.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback and your time. Take care and have an awesome rest of your weekend.

Reactions: FFR and tpeters3030

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua444