iOS 17 Developer Beta 1

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yea they will probably close it up when the release the public betas next month doubt they will keep it open the whole time

It did not go away last time. Any you always can restore off beta to the normal release with iTunes. DFU mode or the regular restore mode forced on iPhone.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
It did not go away last time. Any you always can restore off beta to the normal release with iTunes. DFU mode or the regular restore mode forced on iPhone.

Yea but not everyone knows about that when they do beta tests I been doing it for years now so I do know that lucky I have never had a issue with any where I needed to do that but I’m pretty sure they will figure something out to make it where not every single person has access to the developer beta

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’ve maintained a developer account for years and I typical renew around on around June 1 before WWDC kicks off, but this year I did not (waiting to close on a newly built home).

Anyway, I saw the iOS 17 update in the settings and then I installed without any issues. I also updated my Watch 5 (cellular model). The battery life on my iPhone 14 Pro running the new beta is great, but it’s horrible on my watch. I was down to 35% when I got home from the office.

I’ve rebooted it and then put it on the charger in hopes that it’ll be better tomorrow. I updated my iPad Pro about 30 minutes ago and it’s working well thus far.

Good to know I’m not the only one with horrible battery life on my Watch

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It’s a bit better today, but still not to the level I’m accustomed to, but better is still better so I’ll believe it’ll continue to improve. We’ll see.

Reactions: Tartarus

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, @idevicehelp is reporting that there is still a $99 developer beta account for developers with more benefits/options than the free developer beta account.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, @idevicehelp is reporting that there is still a $99 developer beta account for developers with more benefits/options than the free developer beta account.
That is correct. The paid account includes other benefits beyond beta versions, like selling apps on the App stores. Apple has a table on their developer site detailing the differences.

Said it would be released in July
I must have missed it.

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
That is correct. The paid account includes other benefits beyond beta versions, like selling apps on the App stores. Apple has a table on their developer site detailing the differences.

I must have missed it.

Yea they said it near the end of the announcement event before they announced the vision pro but it was easy to miss cause they didn’t spend much time on it

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I must have missed it.

So with the Developer Betas now being available to everyone until likely sometime in July with the release of the Public Beta. Do you think they will continue the two betas side by side or
is there a difference in stability?

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
So with the Developer Betas now being available to everyone until likely sometime in July with the release of the Public Beta. Do you think they will continue the two betas side by side or
is there a difference in stability?

The public version is normally Alittle more stable then the developer one from what I have heard but I have always been on the developer betas

Reactions: Tartarus and pr1nce

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I must have missed it.

All that is tools and educational things most of us would have no use for. It's for actual developers, not users looking to get an early dose of the latest greatest thing, while occasionally reporting a bug.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Installed on M1 iPad Pro 12.9 and my iPhone 14 Pro. Both running just fine, nothing isn’t working that I can find (Plex, inTune MDM, stock apps, bluetooth, Apple TV, 1password, overcast etc).

So far so good.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
PS - anyone have any hints on how to get live voicemail working, reporting is that it is seperate to visual voicemail, but I’m not so sure.

It is tuned on in settings, as is visual voicemail for me, however the feature isn’t working. Maybe not ready for use, or perhaps an issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday I was able to go from around 7 AM to around 9:30 PM without the battery deleting. If i recall correctly, I had around 40% battery life remaining. It’s getting back to normal but it’s not there yet. It’s not bad for an Watch that’s 4 years old.

Reactions: Tartarus