iOS 17.1 probably won't stop your iPhone randomly turning off overnight and that's a problem

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not experiencing any of these reported issues. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say we’re witnessing a smear campaign….. ;)

Reactions: Annie_M

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wonder who is behind this smear campaign.

Who has collapsing smartphone sales and knows how well the iPhone is doing

Too bad it’s not working, since Apple had to order an additional 7 million iPhones 15 pro and pro max for the Christmas period.
8f4a5a96a30c8d03ba79a649801c5443.png

iebock

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
I have had this happen to me randomly for multiple versions of iOS. It's never bothered me. Just put in your passcode.

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Meh. I always turn my phones off at night. Along with lights, TVs and iPads. There is no reason to leave anything on overnight.

Any 3am phone call is either going to be VERY bad news or a drunken wrong number. I don't need either.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Meh. I always turn my phones off at night. Along with lights, TVs and iPads. There is no reason to leave anything on overnight.

Any 3am phone call is either going to be VERY bad news or a drunken wrong number. I don't need either.

giphy.gif

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hadn't seen this happen to mine, but just checked my battery stats again today and it looks like the phone turned itself off between about 9:45-11:30am or so. It was just sitting on my desk though. I remember it asking for a passcode and just thought FaceID had failed a few times while the phone was sitting there. Never had a problem overnight though that I remember. It's always on a magsafe dock in nightstand mode since it's my alarm clock.

Attaching battery stats for reference. That gap started probably 10 minutes or so after I pulled it off the dock. Weird for sure.

d39290242684b460662080dce23458fe.jpg

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site

Would rather leave mine power on overnight with 3am emergency phone calls rather that waking up with regret on not knowing the news urgent lol

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Urgent bad news will keep till the morning. Trust me. Been there done that. Whoever died will be no more/less dead at 8am than at 3am. No regrets here.

Plus, what's in it for you to call someone at 3am with horrible news? What are you thinking? It would never occur to me to call anyone before 7am. For any reason.

I would much rather sleep thru the night and face the bad news with a full night's sleep behind me.

Even when I had land line phones that plugged into the wall, I unplugged them at night or just turned off the ringer.

To FFR: Is that picture supposed to mean something? A random person blinking? Really?

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Urgent bad news will keep till the morning. Trust me. Been there done that. Whoever died will be no more/less dead at 8am than at 3am. No regrets here.

Plus, what's in it for you to call someone at 3am with horrible news? What are you thinking? It would never occur to me to call anyone before 7am. For any reason.

I would much rather sleep thru the night and face the bad news with a full night's sleep behind me.

Even when I had land line phones that plugged into the wall, I unplugged them at night or just turned off the ringer.

To FFR: Is that picture supposed to mean something? A random person blinking? Really?

Was shocked with your discipline.

I just have focus mode scheduled on one of my phones and it carries across every other device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Depends. When my daughter called at 3 am to tell me their house was burning to the ground, it was time to get up and go. But I do have Do Not Disturb set up to allow a small handful to get through. So, no drunks or business calls at 2 or 3 am. Verizon used to call around 2 am for something. Don't recall what that was. It waa automated. The rep had no clue why it went out at that hour. But no more, since DND was enabled. But, yeah, not telling my daughter, "Meh, I'll see you in about 5 hours.", when her house is in flames. Or being unreachable to her and a few others. My phone stays on through the night next to me in bed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77