iOS 16 will let you delete the Wallet app

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I understand there will be some people happy to delete this app because they just don’t use it.

On the other hand, I would never think of deleting it. I’ve used it when it became available and has been such a huge convenience for other things aside of using it for purchases!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand there will be some people happy to delete this app because they just don’t use it.

On the other hand, I would never think of deleting it. I’ve used it when it became available and has been such a huge convenience for other things aside of using it for purchases!

Same here. I use the wallet apps for making purchases with Pay as well as use cards for Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens, CVS, my auto insurance card, and a few others. It’s a daily use app for me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Same here. I use the wallet apps for making purchases with Pay as well as use cards for Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens, CVS, my auto insurance card, and a few others. It’s a daily use app for me.
I'm so used to pulling out my banking card. I need to make a effort to use my phone more.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Love the wallet app so much I got rid of my physical one. It holds everything including my AAA card CVS, Stop and Shop as well as my debit and Apple Card and a few others. I keep my license and Med card under my phone case and everything else in a scanner app

Drop my iPhone in my leather hip case and go!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the wallet app almost daily with my Apple Watch. Apple Cash card, debit card, Walgreens reward card and more.

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Definitely see if you can make it happen TGeekB. A ways back I was right where you are. Me/all of us being creatures of habit. Then I started using the Wallet/Apple Pay. Didn’t take long before it was my main method used almost always for paying (I don’t like the few places that don’t have Apple Pay. Seriously Walmart?). I talked my neighbors into it, eventually, who were most definitely ‘physical card in hand’ people. Once they started they also became mainly Apple Pay. It was only more recently I started using the Wallet for more than Apple Pay (my membership cards).

Imho Apple Wallet is one of the best and most useful features to come to iPhone. Hopefully it works out as well for you.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m using Apple Pay (and Wallet) regularly. Tim Rewards card, PC Optimum, payments, you name it, it’s just there.

Most places I go just take contactless payments without any conditions. Only gas stations and - for some reason - some Shopper’s Drug Mart locations don’t want to take Apple Pay anymore, even if they do contactless.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m using Apple Pay (and Wallet) regularly. Tim Rewards card, PC Optimum, payments, you name it, it’s just there.

Most places I go just take contactless payments without any conditions. Only gas stations and - for some reason - some Shopper’s Drug Mart locations don’t want to take Apple Pay anymore, even if they do contactless.

If you have a WaWa store near you, it takes Pay at the gas pumps - at least it does here in Orlando.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
About 75% of iPhone users in the US have activated Apple Pay. Don’t think the wallet is going anywhere.

b4330fb98f26ddc78b0d579019c855e7.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't imagine being without the wallet app! The convenience the wallet app offers is significant. And once my state allows me to store my digital driver's license, it will be unreplaceable.