Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
183155132e197b9360157234ddcf4d57.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems like I can’t install it… Guess I will need to fight again with my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.png
    IMG_1369.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I got it to install… it's been installing for the last 10-15 minutes, when I need to login to my employer's account (which needs my phone).

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
got it for the security content, whatever it may be, the rest ? in yesterday’s vernacular, Meh ! or in my own, Phooey !

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Happy to report that I still have that weird CarPlay network indication issue. “No network” while actively connected to 4G; only applies to the on-board systems, not CarPlay screen display.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Happy to report that I still have that weird CarPlay network indication issue. “No network” while actively connected to 4G; only applies to the on-board systems, not CarPlay screen display.
And I figured out what is causing that. It’s reporting the status of the mobile network associated with the absent nanoSIM card. There doesn’t seem to be a setting to fix that.

Also, a new behaviour surfaced this Thursday. My phone has enabled the secondary SIM slot (nanoSIM in my case), and connected to the emergency wireless network. I’m not sure if it a defect, or a change mandated by the national government as a result of the Rogers network failure in July 2022.
IMG_1411.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
And I figured out what is causing that. It’s reporting the status of the mobile network associated with the absent nanoSIM card. There doesn’t seem to be a setting to fix that.

Also, a new behaviour surfaced this Thursday. My phone has enabled the secondary SIM slot (nanoSIM in my case), and connected to the emergency wireless network. I’m not sure if it a defect, or a change mandated by the national government as a result of the Rogers network failure in July 2022.
View attachment 132614
View attachment 132615

Settings / Cellular and turning off that line (if it does show up) doesn't do this?

I have to say: I have a 13 Pro with a SIM slot that does not have a SIM, but instead has an eSIM active, and I do not see two different networks in my status. I only see that when I travel internationally and add either a local physical SIM or a local eSIM, but those go away when I remove the SIM from the slot or remove the eSIM from the phone.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Settings / Cellular and turning off that line (if it does show up) doesn't do this?

I have to say: I have a 13 Pro with a SIM slot that does not have a SIM, but instead has an eSIM active, and I do not see two different networks in my status. I only see that when I travel internationally and add either a local physical SIM or a local eSIM, but those go away when I remove the SIM from the slot or remove the eSIM from the phone.
It’s not even there.

IMG_1414.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The "SOS" when a SIM isn't present is normal - I see that on my backup iPhone X without any SIM at all. What's not normal is the phone acting like it's got two SIMs active when only one is really there. I have an eSIM, once had a physical SIM in the phone (well, a few different times), and I see only one active network in my status bar.

I suspect that your solution may be Settings / General / Transfer or Reset Phone / Reset / Reset Network Settings. Unfortunately, this also deletes all WiFi authentications, so you'll need to reconnect to your WiFi access points as you access them.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The "SOS" when a SIM isn't present is normal - I see that on my backup iPhone X without any SIM at all. What's not normal is the phone acting like it's got two SIMs active when only one is really there. I have an eSIM, once had a physical SIM in the phone (well, a few different times), and I see only one active network in my status bar.

I suspect that your solution may be Settings / General / Transfer or Reset Phone / Reset / Reset Network Settings. Unfortunately, this also deletes all WiFi authentications, so you'll need to reconnect to your WiFi access points as you access them.
Like I said, it might very well be a regulatory change following a full network failure at Rogers in 2022. It started doing that last Thursday (2023-06-01).

I’ll see when iOS 16.6 comes out.

Edit: I did the network settings reset and it did make that network disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: doogald