May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well that was quick.
5d61a6ff9890be04a2d161ba3f4af253.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting on this. Downloading as we speak and I can’t wait to see what it brings.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s being reported on Reddit that iOS 16.1 brings the battery percentage to the devices referenced in another thread.

iPhone 12 Mini
iPhone 13 Mini
iPhone X🅁
iPhone 11

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Installation bug?

On both my iPhone 13 Pro Max and my IPad Pro (3d Gen) I tried to install the newly released beta. Neither device restarted during the install process, and the process didn’t seem to complete. Nevertheless, the “About” screens for both devices indicate that they have the latest beta build installed (build 20B5045d), and when I go into Software Updates in the settings menu on either device, I get the same get error message: “Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred while checking for a software update.”

This is the first time I’ve encountered this issue.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Installation bug?

On both my iPhone 13 Pro Max and my IPad Pro (3d Gen) I tried to install the newly released beta. Neither device restarted during the install process, and the process didn’t seem to complete. Nevertheless, the “About” screens for both devices indicate that they have the latest beta build installed (build 20B5045d), and when I go into Software Updates in the settings menu on either device, I get the same get error message: “Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred while checking for a software update.”

I’ve heard reports of people seeing the “unable to check for update” error messages after updating to the iOS 16.1 beta 1.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Installation bug?

Probably. That happened to me once, but it’s been a long time. I rebooted my iPhone, went back to the software update section and the process began again without any problems.

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
New issue today. IOS 16.1 Dev beta 1. Side scrolling inside folders no longer working. I can slide the dots at the bottom of the folder and that works. Cannot swipe left or right within folders. This seems to be happening to others with Homescreen swiping as well according to r/iosbeta. Anyone else seeing this?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
New issue today. IOS 16.1 Dev beta 1. Side scrolling inside folders no longer working. I can slide the dots at the bottom of the folder and that works. Cannot swipe left or right within folders. This seems to be happening to others with Homescreen swiping as well according to r/iosbeta. Anyone else seeing this?

I’m not having any issues swiping from left to right and vice versa on the home screens. As for folders, I don’t have any in which I can swipe left and right. All of my files within my folders scroll from top to bottom.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
A bug I noticed is voice navigation comes out simply as silent, pausing anything that plays. I'll try it again tomorrow morning to see if it resolves on its own. If not, that's going straight to Apple :)