iOS 15 Public Beta 2

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Just read on Engadget it's now available for anyone not already using the developer beta. I advise downloading! The developer beta has been rock solid so far after two builds.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 15 Public Beta

Just installing on my iPad Pro, but will test for a few days before trying it on my daily driver iPhone12 Mini.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Just about to join
a9d2c688e0c13e04f0077e8d8375e769.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

First thing I noticed is that my car’s HUD shows the full street name in the directions, instead of ellipsing it half-way through.

I might also have found 2 or 3 bugs, but I want to play with it some more before submitting them to Apple.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
iOS 15 Public Beta

I saw on Zollotech that Developer Beta 2 was re-released. The first Public beta is beta 2. Both betas will be numbered the same going forward.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site

I saw on Zollotech that Developer Beta 2 was re-released. The first Public beta is beta 2. Both betas will be numbered the same going forward.
I did wonder why we had skipped beta 1. I like it on my iPad. Like it has finally caught up with the phone. Like some of the watch changes as well. So much better having my apps in a list rather than that random mess.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
How are folks finding it after a couple of days? I'm on iOS14 beta and kinda want to move to this one but need to know how solid it is first.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
How are folks finding it after a couple of days? I'm on iOS14 beta and kinda want to move to this one but need to know how solid it is first.

I find it overwhelming. There are toooo many settings, especially for notifications.
Also, the new controls in Safari are confusing.

Other than that, it’s been very solid.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Go for it. iOS 15 is rock solid, but some things will need getting used to like the new address/search bar in Safari.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you recommend installing public betas on daily drivers

I have done it in the past, I don’t anymore. However, betas seem to be more stable now than they used to be. If you are confident in being able to roll back to an official version if necessary, then give it a shot.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The iOS 15 dev betas have been very solid and all of my daily use apps work without any issues. I’m on betas year round and have been for years. With that being said, it’s easy for me to say, “yeah, go ahead and install it on your daily driver”, but if you have specific proprietary work apps you must use and they aren’t frequently updated then do not install a beta.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone finding any issues with banking apps not working with the public beta yet? That’s usually where I’ve run into issues in the past.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone finding any issues with banking apps not working with the public beta yet? That’s usually where I’ve run into issues in the past.

The Bank of America apps works and have worked since the initial dev beta.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I've used betas on my daily driver phone for a few years now. They have been solid for the most part. A software hiccup here or there but nothing major. I echo Just_Me_D's comment above that if you use work-specific aps that aren't updated regularly, then do NOT install the beta.

I do usually wait for the second round of public betas before I update though, just so the initial kinks are worked out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner