iOS 14 changes photo privacy with this new setting

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this feature yesterday and thought the concept was great. I’ll have to play around with it a few times to see how it will work for my usage.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I used it when posting to the lock screen thread. Then when I wanted to post again, the only option I had was that same photo. Needed to go into settings and open it up to all photos. Maybe at some point we get prompted each time to select a photo or the entire library. But, some might find that annoying. Lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used it when posting to the lock screen thread. Then when I wanted to post again, the only option I had was that same photo. Needed to go into settings and open it up to all photos. Maybe at some point we get prompted each time to select a photo or the entire library. But, some might find that annoying. Lol

The idea behind it a great, but I’m the type who will give an app permissions to access photos and then disable the access as soon as I’m finished uploading it....With entities wanting complete access to everything you have, I just don’t trust they’ll be mindful of my privacy.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The idea behind it a great, but I’m the type who will give an app permissions to access photos and then disable the access as soon as I’m finished uploading it....With entities wanting complete access to everything you have, I just don’t trust they’ll be mindful of my privacy.

Yessir, I’ve definitely become way more mindful of what I allow to be accessed. Thank you Google for that. Lol

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like a great feature... and this topic is a good reminder that I need to be much more diligent about paying close attention to what permissions I give and to whom!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR