IOS 14.8?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 12 pro max and iPad Pro both show IOS/iPadOS are available but I can't download the updates while connected to my iMac. Has anyone else been able to download the updates? Also From past experience I would guess iOS/iPadOS 15.0 should be coming out pretty soon so I may wait until 15 comes out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 12 pro max and iPad Pro both show IOS/iPadOS are available but I can't download the updates while connected to my iMac. Has anyone else been able to download the updates? Also From past experience I would guess iOS/iPadOS 15.0 should be coming out pretty soon so I may wait until 15 comes out.

We're pretty much days away from the official release of iOS 15 so you might as well hold off, in my opinion.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I was able to download it just now. I told my grand-daughters to wait for IOS15 which may be out next week.
Thanks for the advice though.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
iOS 14.8 patches two zero-day flaws, perhaps waiting a week or two isn’t the best idea.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife installed it on her ipad mini 5 with no problem, but it downloads on her iphone 12 pro max and doesn't install? Can i wipe it out of her phone and try it again?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my phone plus my MacBook and Apple Watch because apparently apple had some software breach which they prompted everyone to update all their devices so I did just to be on the safe side

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
[…] apple had some software breach which they prompted everyone to update all their devices so I did just to be on the safe side
I just want to put some clarity here, because it could be misinterpreted - which we don't want :)

Breaches and vulnerabilities are two very distinct things.

It's a software vulnerability that was corrected, an error in the software code.
The vulnerability was used to access some people's Apple devices - but not through Apple's servers. Instead the present vulnerability was in the way the devices interpreted PDF and Web documents.

A breach would involve that some organization's networks and/or systems were accessed by unauthorized entities. That's not the case here.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just want to put some clarity here, because it could be misinterpreted - which we don't want :)

Breaches and vulnerabilities are two very distinct things.

It's a software vulnerability that was corrected, an error in the software code.
The vulnerability was used to access some people's Apple devices - but not through Apple's servers. Instead the present vulnerability was in the way the devices interpreted PDF and Web documents.

A breach would involve that some organization's networks and/or systems were accessed by unauthorized entities. That's not the case here.

So do you think I should download it now or wait until iOS 15

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site

You can download the update over the air without being connected to the Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice