iOS 14.3 Beta 3 is here

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pinned messages not staying pinned is finally fixed.

I didn’t even know this was a problem because the few messages I have pinned stayed pinned and are still pinned after this latest update.

With that being said, how many messages do you have pinned, if you don’t mind me asking?

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I didn’t even know this was a problem because the few messages I have pinned stayed pinned and are still pinned after this latest update.

With that being said, how many messages do you have pinned, if you don’t mind me asking?

I have the max of nine pinned. And after looking at it this morning one of them fell off and it won't let you unpin and pin it. It will either eventually unpin or return back to the top. After searching around it looks to be a known issue that others are experiencing. Some are thinking it might have to do with messages that are with Android users which might be the case for me because those are usually the ones giving me problems. Some people think I need to reset my device and start from scratch but there's no way I'm doing that at least not anytime soon. This has been an issue for me ever since Apple released the Pinning feature and it's super annoying. I report the issue with every beta release.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the max of nine pinned. And after looking at it this morning one of them fell off and it won't let you unpin and pin it. It will either eventually unpin or return back to the top. After searching around it looks to be a known issue that others are experiencing. Some are thinking it might have to do with messages that are with Android users which might be the case for me because those are usually the ones giving me problems. Some people think I need to reset my device and start from scratch but there's no way I'm doing that at least not anytime soon. This has been an issue for me ever since Apple released the Pinning feature and it's super annoying. I report the issue with every beta release.

Understood and thank you for informing me. I appreciate it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Hmmmm...I haven’t seen this issue & I’ve had 9 pinned on both my phones since the first iOS 14 dev beta. Hopefully I don’t have any issues after this update, since I haven’t had time to install yet.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm...I haven’t seen this issue & I’ve had 9 pinned on both my phones since the first iOS 14 dev beta. Hopefully I don’t have any issues after this update, since I haven’t had time to install yet.

I think I may have fixed my issue. After reading some others sites about this issue they say it can possibly be caused by my other devices not update to use the same features and to make sure everything was using iOS 14 or higher or the latest Mac OS. In my case I have a MacBook Pro that I don’t use often. I put the Beta of Big Surr on it when it first came out and haven’t turned it on since. So I got it update to date made sure my iCloud synced up and opened iMessage to make sure that all updated. After a few minutes my iMessage got up to date and it recognized all my Pinned messages but my iPhone was still not showings all my Pinned messages. So I just waited it out and eventually everything got all synced up on my iPhone and so far looks to be all good.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have fixed my issue. After reading some others sites about this issue they say it can possibly be caused by my other devices not update to use the same features and to make sure everything was using iOS 14 or higher or the latest Mac OS. In my case I have a MacBook Pro that I don’t use often. I put the Beta of Big Surr on it when it first came out and haven’t turned it on since. So I got it update to date made sure my iCloud synced up and opened iMessage to make sure that all updated. After a few minutes my iMessage got up to date and it recognized all my Pinned messages but my iPhone was still not showings all my Pinned messages. So I just waited it out and eventually everything got all synced up on my iPhone and so far looks to be all good.

Ahhh ok...that’s for this explanation. Glad the issue fixed itself!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR