IOS 14.0.1 has bugs everywhere!

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This has got to be the worst update in the history of updates! I mean mail app, music app, phone dialed, camera, photos, widgets, weather app, may as well say everything is buggy. I haven’t seen this kind of buggy OS update from apple since my iPhone 5! Not to mention how bad watch OS7 is on my new product red series 6! Damn thing just blacks out and reboots. So has anyone with issues reset and setup as new? Curious to see if that would fix these bugs. I mean it did not fix the watch, so maybe the phone is the cause for watch issues.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I use Gmail and the Weather Channel app, but I haven't noticed bugs in the other apps you mentioned. Possibly something else you installed recently is causing problems?

I have noticed that iempty from tooliphone.net is not working as the developer describes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any issues on my old 6s Plus. I had loading issues with Music on iOS 14. But 14.0.1 seems to have fixed that. Have you tried a hard reset (reboot) on your iPhone? Before setting up as new, you might try Reset All Settings. That can fix many issues. If you set up with a back up, the back up may have been corrupted. If so, setting up as new might solve your problems.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any issues on my old 6s Plus. I had loading issues with Music on iOS 14. But 14.0.1 seems to have fixed that. Have you tried a hard reset (reboot) on your iPhone? Before setting up as new, you might try Reset All Settings. That can fix many issues. If you set up with a back up, the back up may have been corrupted. If so, setting up as new might solve your problems.

Yes. Seems that something corrupted the OP's download or install and 'surgery' may be needed. Hard reset, if no fix then reset all settings' then 'set up as new' avoiding a possibly corrupted backup being in play. Major PITA but probably needed. Personally I'm ( and I've always been hesitant to dive in early) absolutely amazed with how smoothly the update went, only having waited for 14.0.1 before going ahead.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The only bug I am seeing, and it may not be update related. It’s with the YouTube app. Screen goes black when air playing to Sonos.
Other than that, no other issues I am seeing.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m not having any issues with iOS 14.0.1 on my XR. Try the hard reboot to see if that resolves your issues, if not I’d set it up as new. Good luck.

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Definitely have to agree with everyone. Haven’t seen any bugs in those apps. I’m running on a 1st gen SE. It’s been actually smoother since the update.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No issues with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, but my watch has auto locked several times and shut down once in the past week.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had similar issues on my series 6 Apple Watch. Random reboot has happened about 5 times since I’ve had it. It’s kind of weird.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Enabling "Settings\Privacy\Analytics & Improvements\Share iPhone & Watch Analytics" should help ensure that Apple receives app, iOS or watchOS crash information.

Last edited:

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Done the hard reboot and reset, still goes back to being buggy after a few days. I use mostly the stock apps for weather and such. May just be the fact that some of the devs have not updated their apps yet. I have noticed a few may actually be the cause for the issues starting back up. Apple needs to make sure the app devs actually update on their end. OneDrive makes the phone get hot and uses the battery like a raging flood. Yet checking battery does not show the app is using any battery. So the issue may not be the OS after all. Watch seems to have settled now. Gotta wait on the next update and see what happens.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Like others have said, I'm mostly not seeing any issue with iOS 14.0.1. It doesn't seem any different from iOS 13.7 for me (besides, of course, the added functionality.) My S5 is rock-solid on watchOS 7.0.1 as well (initial update to 7 caused battery drain, but that was fixed merely by restarting the watch and phone.)

I do have OneDrive but don't use it for much other than Microsoft Office apps these days. I had switched from DropBox, but the year that I did that I noticed that a folder in OneDrive was not showing updates on iOS, but I switched back to DB a year ago, so I can't say if the problem has recurred. (DropBox does not have that issue that I had with OneDrive.)

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Still having the issue where my mail keeps defaulting back to the stock app instead of Spark

Yeah I get some don’t have issues, but they also miss chipsets can vary between devices. That alone can cause issues with software updates. Also I bet you use your phone as a work horse like I do. All my playing and work are done on the phone. I have had to delete and add my outlook over and over just so I can use it. A complete reset and setup as new doesn’t fix the issue. My wife had the same phone as me and has no issues with it or her series 6 watch. So it leaves hardware differences with new OS as the issue. Until Apple fixes those bugs then we are stuck with the little irritating issues. As long as I’m not losing data then I can deal with it until then.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing well with 14.01 - ( like apparently most) but if I had major issues I'd hold off on any surgical solutions until 14.2 is released. I feel iOS14 ( &.01) might have been a bit rushed to completion. Now the work in the background can proceed at a more normal pace

Last edited:

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I've experienced is the flickering widgets after one of the widget apps gets an update.

Hoping the next update fixes the issue as I'm a little leery of updating one of my apps.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Got some serious keyboard lag. Doesn’t happen all the time or on all apps, but it is happening. Sometimes when replying to a text message I’ll type several letters before the screen catches up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro