IOS 13 updating

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been relieved not to see a plethora of updates of late but now I'm wondering (??) The devices in the home ( iPhone 8Plus + iPad mini4 on my Apple ID, iPhone 8Plus + iPad Air2 on my wife's and IPhone 7Plus on a completely separate Apple ID of its own) The only link connecting my wife's account & mine is the billing in the hers when needed charges to a credit card of mine, the same which mine is linked to. I do not use 'auto update' for iOS. My norm is to wait until I see the badge app icon in settings, leading me into 'install' rather than 'download & install' if I 'go looking' through the settings / software update as a few times recently I've had glitchy downloads that way and I do prefer to research this forum and a few periodicals prior to 'diving in'. This has always worked for me, and although I'm normally updating a month or so after an update is released, it's been mostly smooth sailing. But now, none of the aforementioned devices have shown anything beyondy current iOS ( or OS) 13.1.3. All devices are functioning very well so I'm content to stay at this point as there don't seem to be new features in the works, just fixes. I only use the stock mail app for my iCloud mail which is basically a back up email for me, so the mail issues haven't really affected me at all, as Spark handles my Gmail and Yahoo is on the 7 Plus. I'm wondering if the updating choices & protocols have changed or is my location here in the Caribbean a factor, as I've seen delays 'between' devices in the past but never this 'update silence' across the board. I do not participate ( and never have participated) in any iOS Beta testing and refer to simply the public regular updates. All 'App Updates' have been timely and in that area I do 'pull down' to bring pending updates into play and simply say 'update all' to catch any stragglers. Comments?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I have my iPad mini 4 set to automatic update and I noticed last week that it was still on 13.1.3. I'm in the US on a fairly fast network. I think that whatever iOS does internally to check for new versions is not working right at the moment, so at this point I am planning to set a reminder for a week after each update and just manually update the Mini if it doesn't update itself.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Nope, I have my iPad mini 4 set to automatic update and I noticed last week that it was still on 13.1.3. I'm in the US on a fairly fast network. I think that whatever iOS does internally to check for new versions is not working right at the moment, so at this point I am planning to set a reminder for a week after each update and just manually update the Mini if it doesn't update itself.

13.3 got released today for my iPhone. Not sure if it’s the same for tablets

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal