iOS 13 public beta on primary device

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It appears quite a few people are facing issues with the beta. I’ve checked out the Reddit thread and it has many complaints. I’m also thinking maybe it’s better to hold on upgrading at this point.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Been using the dev beta 2 on my iPhone X daily driver since it was released, with no major issues whatsoever.

All my apps work fine, battery life has been stellar, no random reboots, and I’m absolutely loving the increased speed and new features.

Sure, there are a few minor glitches, but this is way better than early 12 betas were this time last year. Way better!

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I’m using the beta on my primary device being the XS Max. One drive has stopped uploading photos and mail is not sending emails with pictures correctly. I’m thinking of switching back to 12.4 but I’m loving dark mode and the new swiping keyboard too much to take the plunge backwards lol

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have it installed on my "primary" iPad and so far it's working ok. I've submitted a few feedback emails on things that may be normal, but went ahead and sent them in anyway.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Been using the dev beta 2 on my iPhone X daily driver since it was released, with no major issues whatsoever.

All my apps work fine, battery life has been stellar, no random reboots, and I’m absolutely loving the increased speed and new features.

Sure, there are a few minor glitches, but this is way better than early 12 betas were this time last year. Way better!

Good to hear! It appears to be a matter of luck at this point. Some users are suffering a lot while others are finding it quite alright.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I’m using the beta on my primary device being the XS Max. One drive has stopped uploading photos and mail is not sending emails with pictures correctly. I’m thinking of switching back to 12.4 but I’m loving dark mode and the new swiping keyboard too much to take the plunge backwards lol

That dark mode is what keeps on beckoning me to take the plunge. And the optimised battery charging. How’s that doing?

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am running it on my primary device.

For the apps I use I have only noticed one issue. If I am working on an email on the outlook app and leave the app. I have to force close the app to get back into my draft email. (I am not able to open back up the email) Which is not that big of a deal.

Most of the issues people are having with this release are in regars to apps that I never touch.
I would recommend looking at the high priority apps that you use and see if those are having any major issues. If so then you should not have it on your primary device.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Been using it since yesterday. Yes, a little glitchy but nothing out of the ordinary.

Im going change my answer. I went back to my S10+ until PB2 is released. It was really bad while driving. Car play would not stay connected. google maps was crashing and Siri would tell me that she can only call one person at a time when I tried to make a call.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Im going change my answer. I went back to my S10+ until PB2 is released. It was really bad while driving. Car play would not stay connected. google maps was crashing and Siri would tell me that she can only call one person at a time when I tried to make a call.
Sounds about right to most of the feedback regarding the first public beta. I hope the second beta gets here soon as I’m waiting for it too!

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am running it on my primary device.

For the apps I use I have only noticed one issue. If I am working on an email on the outlook app and leave the app. I have to force close the app to get back into my draft email. (I am not able to open back up the email) Which is not that big of a deal.

Most of the issues people are having with this release are in regars to apps that I never touch.
I would recommend looking at the high priority apps that you use and see if those are having any major issues. If so then you should not have it on your primary device.

Looking at the general consensus I think it’s more of a hit and a miss regarding usability of the public beta. Thinking it might be more reasonable to wait for the next version.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m seriously mulling taking the plunge over the weekend. Though over at the Reddit thread there appears to be quite a few complaints..

You should remember this is still a beta and no one persons experience will be consistent across the board. One person can have no issues while the next could be riddled with issues. Your mileage will truly vary when we are talking betas. That's why it's always something you do after you are accepting of any possible risks associated with running beta software on a primary device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks. So every year I install the public betas on my primary (and only) iPhone because I’m too impatient! I’ve read on CNET that this year’s public release is riddled with bugs and the worst in many years.

Just wanted to know how many of you will be/have already installed the beta on your primary devices and how’s it holding up?

I’m in agreement with Garz. The iOS 13 beta is indeed one of the most stable in my opinion.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
You should remember this is still a beta and no one persons experience will be consistent across the board. One person can have no issues while the next could be riddled with issues. Your mileage will truly vary when we are talking betas. That's why it's always something you do after you are accepting of any possible risks associated with running beta software on a primary device.

Absolutely agree with you. It’s already going to be a hit and miss with betas. I install public betas every year but this time I think it was the article from CNET moaning about how this year’s beta is the worst in years which got me a little more apprehensive than usual. So wanted to see how majority of folks are faring with the update.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is buggy still, and I don’t think Apple should have released the public beta yet..

It’s a beta?? Just because they’re calling it a public beta you think it shouldn’t be buggy???

Not attacking but good grief, I’m thrilled they even have a public beta, as thousands of others are for sure, and you’re complaining about a beta being buggy... 🤨🧐🤔

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Got it installed on my Xr, and so far really loving it. I did make sure to do an encrypted backup, and archive it though just in case I run into a major problem.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s a beta?? Just because they’re calling it a public beta you think it shouldn’t be buggy???

Not attacking but good grief, I’m thrilled they even have a public beta, as thousands of others are for sure, and you’re complaining about a beta being buggy...

I’ve complained about nothing. This thread was asking about whether or the public beta should be installed. I responded, and you didn’t even quote my entire response.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh