iOS 13: Album Artwork Mismatched

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Discovered today that the album artwork on much of my music library (physical files, not using Apple Music) is mismatched on my iPhone 11 Pro Max running 13.1.2. Not sure when this started; noticed on CarPlay the other day it was showing the wrong artwork for the title, but it wasn’t playing so I didn’t think much of it at the time.

My library on my iPad is fine, as it is on my Mac.

Clearly an (other!) iOS 13 bug.

Anyone else seeing this? Any fixes? (Other than, hopefully, an update)

Worried about the mismatching infecting the rest of my library....a lot of songs and many of them burned from CDs ages so, so had to physically add the artwork over the years.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, not so much as wrong album art work as missing album art work for me. I would estimate about 10% of my personal music library is missing the album art. I might have to do the same on my iPhone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, not so much as wrong album art work as missing album art work for me. I would estimate about 10% of my personal music library is missing the album art. I might have to do the same on my iPhone.

That would be standard functionality for me. It's been like this for me on iOS for as long as I can remember. Nothing about iOS 13 makes it worse. (I have rebuilt my phone from scratch and re-downloaded the iCloud Music Library as recently as last December.)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That would be standard functionality for me. It's been like this for me on iOS for as long as I can remember. Nothing about iOS 13 makes it worse. (I have rebuilt my phone from scratch and re-downloaded the iCloud Music Library as recently as last December.)

I can't say the same. I just compared my iPad album art to my iPhone album art and clearly some are missing on my iPhone where as my iPad has the album art in question. Definitely a iOS13 issue/bug for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2