iOS 11 is [emoji17]*** Awful

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if follow, I'm not familiar with 3D Touch though. All I'm saying is now I open the control center and interact with the sliders which is only 2 movement and not efficient imo.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is God Awful

The frame drops and lag have not been resolved from the last 3 builds, it started at 7.0 and it still an issue to this day on a official release.

30 fps you will get frame drops and stuttering. It's annoying.

I asked this in general earlier. But I'm new to iOS. I got my 7+ in January. It's been really stable and fast. Is 10.3.2 different? Are you talking about historic issues or are you saying the current official OS is laggy and unstable?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It’s you, not the beta. Do a restore and your battery life will be as before.
You’re welcome.

Beta 1 was bad for battery, too. The other bugs that are in there are worse. 11b1 was a clean install, so wouldn't think b2 was a step back.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Beta 1 was bad for battery, too. The other bugs that are in there are worse. 11b1 was a clean install, so wouldn't think b2 was a step back.

I’m not experiencing any of that. I’m sorry that you do. Hopefully beta 3 will fix this for you.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if follow, I'm not familiar with 3D Touch though. All I'm saying is now I open the control center and interact with the sliders which is only 2 movement and not efficient imo.

It’s the same as always with Control Center, slide up to open Control Center then move the slider. I don’t understand how it’s any less efficient than before or less efficient than any other operating system.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm new to iOS. I got my 7+ in late January. I've had no issues with iOS 10.1 and 10.2. It's been a much more stable experience than I had on android. What am I missing? Are people having issues with the latest official 10.2? I can't speak to historical issues as I'm new to this OS but I will say reputationally speaking iOS is almost always heralded as fast and stable. Is that not really the case in y'alls experience?

For many of us who have mainly used iOS the last several years, we became accustomed to a nearly flawless experience using the operating system. And as time went on Apple started making more devices which created a scenario where they were making an OS to be optimized for not only the latest hardware, but legacy hardware. This caused what Android has historically been accused of; fragmentation. In turn it has become hard for us diehards to figure out what Apple's primary focus is anymore because we just find little flaws and quirks with iOS that just seem to not be addressed from point to point update, let alone major updates.

With this in mind it's no wonder that many of us aren't as happy with iOS as we once were. Apple set a standard that we became accustomed to.

That said, iOS is still a more stable, everyday-usable operating system compared to Android even with its current flaws, in my opinion.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
For me personally, I can't see that Apple have changed the design language of iOS 11 in any real way, especially on the iPhone (but we might see further feature changes/features drop closer to, or with hardware release later in the year).

The iPad is a far better story for me, in that I can't stand using iOS 10 anymore, especially on a 12.9" iPad, trying to use the iOS 10 split screen and the app switcher just doesn't cut it (it should have never been released in this form). The ability to have apps 1/4 or 1/2 on either left or right side, to then have the "window over" capability also is great.

Personally I'd like them to get around to the following types of features/changes:

1 - Make closing apps work more like safari tabs, and why not a close all apps button (I know I know that we don't need to close apps, well most apps.....well some we do need to close)
2 - Add "all reminders" view for reminders app, to show all tasks in all folders sorted by due date or alphabetical
3 - Ability to set priority over bluetooth devices, when I'm using my AirPods, I don't want any other device to takeover
4 - Ability to set priority over WIFI network selection
5 - Remove that awful 3.5m audio jack from my iPad........ok this one is a joke, please don't take it away

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Exactly

Well said, well said indeed

For many of us who have mainly used iOS the last several years, we became accustomed to a nearly flawless experience using the operating system. And as time went on Apple started making more devices which created a scenario where they were making an OS to be optimized for not only the latest hardware, but legacy hardware. This caused what Android has historically been accused of; fragmentation. In turn it has become hard for us diehards to figure out what Apple's primary focus is anymore because we just find little flaws and quirks with iOS that just seem to not be addressed from point to point update, let alone major updates.

With this in mind it's no wonder that many of us aren't as happy with iOS as we once were. Apple set a standard that we became accustomed to.

That said, iOS is still a more stable, everyday-usable operating system compared to Android even with its current flaws, in my opinion.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. I'm hopeful that the same attention to detail will become a priority. I'm really liking my 7+ in the meantime.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

Because it's been going on year after year

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware apple had slid so far. I'll keep an eye on the next pixel. To be honest I came here for stability and security. But I'll have to be less trusting in my initial interpretation.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 is 😔*** Awful

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware apple had slid so far. I'll keep an eye on the next pixel. To be honest I came here for stability and security. But I'll have to be less trusting in my initial interpretation.

I think John was being a little harsh in his response. Every operating system has bugs. Every manufacturer’s first concern is what will sell. That being said, if you’re looking for stability and security iOS is your best bet. It isn’t perfect but it’s much smoother than its Android counterpart from what I’ve experienced, what I’ve read, and what others have shared in our forums. Security updates to iOS are fast and frequent, compared to Android devices where patches can take months to be made available for your specific device.

Apple has always been very focused on user experience and privacy. That’s not going to change. We are all very quick to judge iOS 11 even though it’s still in early beta. Give it some time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative