• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iOS 11 is an utter mess

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I’m really starting to be over iOS 11. For whatever reason now the Smart Keyboard with the iPad Pro 2 (12.9) only connects about half the time. It needs a restart to get it to connect and sometimes that doesn’t even work. It will just disconnect for no reason and stop working. I’ve had both the keyboard and the iPad replaced. Finally someone at Apple tells me today it’s a known issue with iOS 11 and there are lots of people with this issue. What a mess, I’m starting to get sick of these bugs. This one is really inexcusable. How can Apple make all the hardware but it not work? It’s baffling and infuriating.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m sorry you’re having problems with iOS 11, but hopefully, a forthcoming update will fix the problem for you.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I’ve stopped having this issue on the latest public beta of 11.2.5.

Which version of iOS 11 are you on?

I'm on the latest OS. I'll definitely load the beta if it will fix this ridiculous issue.

Edit: That seems to have fixed it. I loaded the latest beta and it immediately detected the keyboard. I’ve been testing it now and it’s working perfectly like it used to. Thank you for this tip.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the latest OS. I'll definitely load the beta if it will fix this ridiculous issue.

Edit: That seems to have fixed it. I loaded the latest beta and it immediately detected the keyboard. I’ve been testing it now and it’s working perfectly like it used to. Thank you for this tip.

You’re very welcome!
Enjoy your iPP.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You’re very welcome!
Enjoy your iPP.

Dang it. Looks like I spoke too soon. Problem is back. Disconnecting and reconnecting seems to temporarily fix it. What a joke. Apple wants us to replace our laptops with this but can’t provide an OS that works with their own hardware.

Thank you for the help though. It is improved over how bad it was previously.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Dang it. Looks like I spoke too soon. Problem is back. Disconnecting and reconnecting seems to temporarily fix it. What a joke. Apple wants us to replace our laptops with this but can’t provide an OS that works with their own hardware.

Thank you for the help though. It is improved over how bad it was previously.

I’m sorry to hear that the problem still exist.
I understand how frustrating it can be, all we can do now is wait for it to be fixed in a future update.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I’m sorry to hear that the problem still exist.
I understand how frustrating it can be, all we can do now is wait for it to be fixed in a future update.

I sure hope so. If Apple is going to sell one of the most expensive keyboards for the iPad I expect it to work flawlessly. This is an embarrassment.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope so. If Apple is going to sell one of the most expensive keyboards for the iPad I expect it to work flawlessly. This is an embarrassment.

Strange, having an iPad 10,5 Pro running the latest iOS 11 and using my Smart Keyboard daily and never had any disconnect or trouble what so ever

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Strange, having an iPad 10,5 Pro running the latest iOS 11 and using my Smart Keyboard daily and never had any disconnect or trouble what so ever

Yeah that’s weird. I’ve gone through two keyboards and now two iPads and it won’t work correctly on either of them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin